Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 4

Yesterday SUCKED! Actually it was mostly the morning that was the hardest since you eat a fruit and then just drink zero calorie fluids such as water, coffee and tea (you are allowed 2 diet sodas a day). Not very filling I know. But oh how I so looked forward to lunch!! For lunch I had 3.5 oz of tilapia with broccoli and for dinner I made a steak salad, 3.5 oz of steak with lots of greens, no dressing of course but I used the juice of 1/4 of a lemon and the steaks natural juices. It was surprisingly filling! I was told that the first two days of this phase would be the hardest, and the first day was, but today wasn't that bad. The morning flew by and I didn't really have any hunger pains like yesterday. Since my steak salad was so filling from the night before I decided to have it for lunch as well. Tonight for dinner I made eggs (1 egg + 3 egg whites) with green peppers as my vegetable and various herbs and spices for taste, along with a very small amount of salsa. No cheese, no butter, no oil :( I have found sugar free candy to be pretty good and helps if I have any cravings for sweets slong with sugar free jello.

Of course your probably saying "Well of course your hungry Brenda your on a restrictive low calorie diet" and "Of course you'll lose weight your on a restrictive low calorie diet". I know I said the same thing before I started. So why am I doing this? Because I want to reset my body AND mind. I want to quit craving carbs and sweets. I want to learn how to listen to my body for when it's really actually full compared to what I think I want to eat because it sounds good or just tastes too good to stop. I want my body to know what it feels like not to have processed foods, fast food and just plain junk! I want my energy back!!! I know it will be tough and there might be a time I cheat but it's only for 23 days if I want. In the scheme of things it's really not that long. I can be done by Valentines Day if I want too, just in time to do some holiday baking ;)

No comments: