After a week completed on this detox diet I'm down 5.6 lbs!! Kerry started 2 weeks before us and is down 13 lbs in round 2 for her. As for my other two co-workers, Sara has lost 9 lbs and as for Tami, she made it till Friday before she quit over the weekend :( It's tough but the daily weigh-ins help tremendously!! You see your progress everyday and it really helps keep you motivated to continue. I'm pretty sure if I didn't weight myself every morning I would most likely give up.
The weekends are the hardest! One, I have more time. And at home I have an entire pantry full of banned foods. Two, there's usually always some social event that involves food. This weekend I went to Kelsey's baby shower which had an assortment of food (that I didn't touch), then we had game night with some friends, in which an assortment of snack and leftover mini cupcakes from Kelsey's shower where there. Yes I gave in. I had two mini cupcakes! But I ate the tops of the cupcake with the frosting and threw away the bottoms, so really it was like I only had one right?!? Ha, I'm making excuses for myself already. Sunday we had a few friends over for the Bears/Packers football game. Dave went out and bought chips and dip, chocolate chip cookies and little wienies. It was really hard! I gave in again and had a few wienies which was a terrible idea, it gave me stomach cramps later that evening and although I didn't gain or maintain weight, I only lost 2 oz so it caught up to me on this mornings weigh-in. Guess I have to learn my lesson some how.
This coming weekend we have a surprise 30th birthday to go to which will have a taco bar and of course booze! Uhh! And although I am allowed to drink (hard liqueur and diet soda) I'm trying not too. I made it last weekend so we'll see if I can do it again. I have a feeling it's not going to work as there's going to be a lot of our friends there and it will be a lot of fun....yikes.
No comments:
Post a Comment