Sunday, July 17, 2011

Couch to 5k: Week 3

This week I tried working out Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday which worked out well. I loved going to the gym on Saturday morning at 8am. It was a great excuse to stay home Friday night instead of going out for drinks and it was a good thing too because Dave didn't get home till very late! The gym was also completely dead, only 2 other people were there, everyone else were in classes or the pool. Plus since I no longer have to work Saturday mornings and felt really good after my run I had extra time to workout a little longer, which was much needed!

Week 3 schedule consisted of starting with a 5 minute warm-up walking, followed by doing two repetitions of jogging for 90 seconds, walking for 90 seconds, jogging for 3 minutes, walking for 3 minutes, and then I added jogging 2 minutes for an even 30 minutes overall and ending with a 5 minute cool-down walking.

The first day of the week is the hardest and so far by the 3rd day I've done really good. I looked ahead at week four and it looks hard!!! Ahhh I can't wait to get through it already :) At least so far we are minus 2lbs of the gained I had regained.

No comments: