Sunday, July 31, 2011

Couch to 5k: Week 5

This week really didn't go as well as expected, it actually didn't go well at all :( Monday I made it the first 5 minutes no problem but struggled the last 5 minutes but ended up making it through thankfully! Here is was my schedule week:

Monday - Warm-up with 5 minutes walking followed by 5 minutes of jogging (1/2 mile), 3 minutes walking (1/4 mile), 5 minutes jogging (1/2 mile), 3 minutes walking (1/4 mile), and 5 minutes jogging, then ending with a 4 minutes cool-down walking.

Wednesday - Warm-up with 5 minutes walking followed by 8 minutes jogging (3/4 mile), 3 minutes walking (1/2 mile), and 8 minutes jogging (3/4 mile), ending with a 4 minute cool-down walking.

Friday - Warm-up with 5 minutes walking followed by 20 minutes of jogging (2 miles) with NO walking and ending with 5 minute cool-down walking.

Wednesday didn't go as well as Monday did, I barely made it the first 8 minutes and couldn't recover with only 3 minutes to walk in between which again made me struggle the last interval. I ended up only able to run 5 minutes before having to stop running due the fast I thought I seriouly was going to throw up. Friday I was still sore. My hip and right foot have been sore and stiff for the last week or so. I think I may need new shoes already. So by time Friday rolled around I decided I need to take a break from running to give my joints some time to recover. I still worked out though, just did the elliptical since it's lower impact.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK!!!!