Monday, July 11, 2011

Fun in the Sun

What a busy weekend! I feel like I need one more day off to recover from all the sun and activities. Saturday Dave and I spent the entire day (10:00am - 5:00pm!) at TPC for the John Deere Classic. It was exhausting....90 degree weather with a heat index of just over 100 and not a cloud in the sky, on top of that I couldn't find any sunscreen besides SPF 15 before we left. Needless to say I got fried!!! We followed the leader, Steve Stricker and Jhonathan Vegas ALL 18 HOLES! I've only played golf once, that was just 9 holes then I rode the remaining 9 and that was all riding along in a cart. This was hot, sweaty and exhausting. Dave almost got hit by one of Vegas's drives on the 10th hole as we all were trying to run away from the green he almost ran right into it, it was a good foot away from his head!! I must admit it was still fun and I was able to spend the day with my husband! Sunday I went boating with Roxie, her boyfriend Tom and her family on her father's friends' boat. We went out on the Mississippi River all afternoon. I almost didn't go since I was burnt from Saturday but I was sure to load up on the 50 SPF and reapplied every 20 minutes for the entire day! It was an absolutely beautiful day on the river spending time with one of my best friends...
Miss Roxie enjoying drinks and sun rays!
Working on my red tan as I only turn 3 shades....white, pink or red!
Tom drew a portrait of the puppies....fighting for attention and pawing at the knees! I think it's pretty good, looks a lot like them. He captured them well :) Maddux in on the left and Waveland on the right.
See doesn't Maddux look just like his photo. He was giving me sad eyes all night today.
Who doesn't love an upside down puppy!

No comments: