Sunday, July 10, 2011

Giving it Another Go

I believe we all remember when I did the detox back in January and than make plans to get back to the gym to keep up the weight loss....yea well I failed!

And not just failed but an EPIC FAILURE!!

Not only did I NOT return to the gym shortly after but it has actually been months (with only random days here and there going). On top of that I went back to eating like crap and gained the majority of the weight back....

I try to blame Dave since he has a fast food addiction. He can eat anything and everything and not gain an ounce! I hate him for that! I'm extremely jealous of him for it. (I really hope if we have girls they get his metabolism so they don't have to worry so much about this crap!) But of course in the end it is only my fault. So I'm finally making way back to the gym (again!) and it seems like when I've blogged about it weekly in the past it has seemed to help me keep with it so we'll try it again....

I've randomly seen friends on facebook talk about doing some couch to 5k thingy, which I have never paid any attention too. But for some reason it popped into my head as I was thinking about this whole working out/losing weight/eating healthy thing again. I looked it up and decided to give it a whirl in hopes that it can help me work on running (since I am in no way, shape or form a runner) and sticking with it!

So I have officially started the Couch to 5k! I'm in week 3, here is a look back of what I have done the last 2 weeks.

Week 1: M -W-F Started with a five minute warm-up walking, then alternating 60 seconds of jogging with 90 seconds walking for 20 minutes and then cooling-down with 5 minutes of walking for a total of 30 minutes. I did this 3 days with a day break in between to recover and added abs as well.

Week 2: M-W-F Started with a five minute warm-up walking, then alternating with 90 seconds of jogging with 2 minutes of walking for 20 minutes and then cooling-down with 5 minutes of walking for a total for 30 minutes. I also added abs and 2 of the 3 days added an extra 10-15 minutes of cycling. Saturday I walked 18 holes with Dave at the John Deere Classic which was EXHAUSTING followed by boating/swimming on Sunday.....quite an active week!

So far so good, wish me luck to keep it up this week!!!!!

No comments: