Sunday, September 25, 2011

Countdown to Paradise

We finalized and booked our vacation today!!!!!

For the past few months we have been talking about taking a vacation around Thanksgiving and after having another miscarriage at the end of August we started to get more serious about taking some time away together. We know it's a family holiday but we figure this is something we both need VERY much to take our minds off things, to relax, rejuvenate, and hang out as a couple.

Of course Dave has tried very hard to talk me into going  back to Disney World...for the third vacation in a row...and although I love Disney very much and we've had a great time both times we've been there, I want to go some place else! Ever since Dave and I started dating, he's always wanted to do some sort of active vacation. He's never understood why all our friends (and most normal people) want to go to Mexico or Jamaica to just lay out on a beach all day in the sun and drink. He wants to go to amusement parks or water parks or sporting events. He tried talking me into Disneyland, then Universal Studios, then Harry Potter world.......I want something different and I want a break from Florida!! I really want to go somewhere I've never been to, so we discussed California (not Disneyland though), the Carolina's, Vegas, Arizona, New York, and Seattle.

Then just a few weeks ago he watched the movie Soul Surfer....a movie about a girl surfer who gets her arm eaten off by a shark and has to re-learn how to surf. So if you don't know where this story is going let's just say Dave is highly persuaded by movies! The next day he called me at work 100% convinced we should go to Hawaii to stay on a beautiful beach, to try to learn to surf, to snorkel, to lay on the beach in the sun, go golfing, visit a spa, and drink tropical drinks with umbrellas...umm yes please, all of these things are what I've been wanting to do. But I informed him we'll have to talk about it and get some quotes for prices as I know Hawaii can be very expensive, of course he didn't believe me he had to see it from the travel agent....which it did come out to be expensive for just round trip tickets and hotel stay at a Sheraton Resort (one of the cheapest) not including transportation to the resort, food, drinks, and activities. I knew he had gotten his hopes up really high and told him we could look at Mexico or even the Bahamas and am sure we could find some place just as beautiful at Hawaii that we could still do all the same activities and I bet we could find something all-inclusive.

Dave found the perfect place...........we're going to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic!!!!  AHHHHH I can't wait!! 
We're staying here... yep that's all one place, it's GINORMOUS (giant and enormous)!
 We'll be walking around here,
 hanging here,
 swimming up here,
 Dave will be golfing here,
 we'll be gambling here,
 I'll be getting a massage here,
and laying in heaven here!
The Hard Rock Hotel and Casino is a 121 acre all-inclusive luxury resort that has 11 restaurant, 14 bars, 11 pools, mini-golf, an 18 hole golf course, spa, casino, nightclub, a beautiful beach, and so much more. I'm so relieved to have it done and booked. Now I just have to wait to get back my renewed passport and countdown the days till paradise!

P.S. If any of you are fans of the Housewives of New Jersey and watch last weeks episode that's where I'll be!! I was just watching the marathon episodes for this season and realized last weeks episode they went to Punta Cana AND stayed at the Hard Rock! Ahh!

6 comments:

Monica Johnson said...

I'm jealous!!

The Gorsh House said...

Looks amazing and you are so over due for a vacation! PC was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been.

Heather said...

Josh and I just finalized our trip to the Riviera Maya the beginning of November, for a lay on the beach, do nothing, and drink type of vacation. We have never done an all-inclusive and to say I'm excited is a MAJOR understatement!! Have an amazing time!!! You deserve it! And I have heard Punta Cana is AMAZING!!!

Tim said...

Good for you Brenda! Hope you guys have a great time!

Tiffany said...

I think Lindsay may have gone here! You should talk to her about it. And, I think you should reconsider your dislike of Florida since I LIVE THERE AND YOU HAVE TO COME VISIT!!

Brenda said...

I never said I didn't like Florida! I said I'm in serious need of a vacation elsewhere for once (totally not the same :) That's the only place we've gone AND the next time I do go to Florida it has to be when YOU will be there!!