Last week I finally made the call. I called a wholistic chiropractor who specializes in infertility and does acupuncture! And she got me in the very next day for my first session. I've heard lots of great things about both chiropractics and acupuncture for getting pregnant. I've actually been thinking about starting for a while now but once we started seeing an RE I held off to see what Dr.F told us. But since the IUI worked but didn't stick, I decided now is the time!
So I went in last Wednesday to see Dr. C, who used to be an RN, she worked for a OBGYN then went back to school for chiropractics and started her own business. First she did an EMI test, which I have no idea what it stands for but I do know it was to check my source points that measure how balanced (or imbalance in my case) you are in each of your Meridian Channels. Meridian's are invisible lines through the body that carry energy to every organ and system (pericardium, heart, small intestines, triple energizer, large intestine, liver, kidney, bladder, gallbladder, and the stomach).
Ideally each Meridian Channel should be green on your test but more importantly your left and right sides should be balanced showing they are working together. Here is my chart which is obviously imbalanced meaning one side is working much harder than the other. Dr. C said the reproductive organs are housed in the bladder and gallbladder meridians which are part of the feet(??), if you are truly infertile those will be almost non-existent on your chart. Mine are in low (in blue on the right side) but still above the infertility range so she doesn't think I am truly infertile (which I'm obviously not since I CAN get pregnant) there is just work to be done.
So after my test, she took me in for an adjustment, which she said I needed a lot of work done! Then she took me to another room, had me lay down on a massage table and started the acupuncture. Needles were placed on both sides of each wrist, both sides of each elbow, in my armpits (to increase metabolism), and the rest were placed in my feet and ankles. I had a total of 20 needles. Some of them I didn't even feel, however some really hurt especially the ones she put in my pinky toes OUCH!! Once the needles are in place you lay by yourself to relax and just focus on breathing for 20 minutes.
I went back yesterday. Dr. C did the acupuncture first and wanted to increase my energy so I got more needles added (I think about 24...more in my feet, one in head and one in my chest...the toes still hurt!) and then she hooked me up to some machine. The machine was hooked up to, I think, 4 different needles that pulsed an energy through my body. At first it was tingly....and weird...then I could feel pulsing in my feet....after a few minutes it stopped....then it started pulsing in my hands which I'm not sure whether I liked....but after a few minutes it stopped and nothing after that. Apparently it's suppose to stop because your body absorbs the energy. After acupuncture I got another adjustment.
Dr. C wants me to come in twice a week for the first 4 weeks then I'll have another EMI test to see my progress and cut down to once a week or one every other week. At one point I will have to take a 30 day break but I can't remember what for or when. It's a whole lot of information!!! I go back Friday so I'm sure I'll have new update on that visit as well.


6 comments:
That's really cool B!! I saw on Guilianna and Bill where she was going to start doing this too...I know, I'm a reality show junkie :)
I love that show!! But I keep missing it this season, I'm hoping to catch up on of these weekends when they do a marathon.
I am so intrigued by this! I wanna do it ;)
This is amazing! I love the charts and the info. A friend of mine who was battling infertility also did accupunture. I think she did it for 4-6 weeks also. She LOVED it!!! (and now has a little boy). I just love how open and honest you are about your journey!! Hoping this works wonders!!
lots and lots of love and prayers coming your way!!
Thanks Ladies! It's pretty crazy stuff but once she explains everything it kinda makes sense. Not sure how much I like it yet, still can't get use to the needles but hoping it will help...fingers crossed
Post a Comment