Thursday, December 1, 2011

Back to Reality

The week before we left for vacation I meet with Dr. F to discuss if there was any additional testing we can do now that I have had One. Two. Three. miscarriages.  He seemed pretty confident that we will get pregnant.  All my previous cycles since being at the RE's office have all looked great. They're regular. My progesterone is wonderful each time. And both IUI's were successful. He is positive there is nothing wrong with either of us and that there was just a defect in the embryos each time, such as a missing or extra chromosome that naturally took care of it self. But just to be sure and to be able to say it's "definitely not this", he ordered me a number of labs to get taken.

I went that Thursday first thing in the morning in hopes there would be no one there and I could get in and out in no time. Let's just say, I hate my stupid veins!! Why oh why do they have to be so small AND on top of that I need to get blood drawn practically every single week it feels like. The techs first attempt was a failure, even with the small little butterfly needle. So another tech stuck me in the other arm and missed again! Although she stayed with it and processed to move the needle around until finally, contact! Since Dr. F ordered 6 different tests for me they needed 7 small vials of blood, that with my poor planning of not eating or drinking anything for breakfast beforehand ended up having me almost pass out! I started to get light headed but thought if I just think of something else or focus on anything else I could get through it. Then my vision started to get fuzzy and even my hearing got muffled….luckily I told the techs and they had me take deep deep breaths, put my head down by my knees and had me drink orange juice…I fought through it and thankfully didn’t pass out!!

I thought by time we got back from vaca I would have had a message from Dr. F's office about my results, but I didn't. The nurse ended up calling me Monday though and said everything came back normal, although one was slightly elevated which was the one for a blood clotting disorder. Either way they had me come in to me with Dr. F again and talk about everything. Dr.F isn't concerned at all with that test as it was only tenths of a point over and I am already taking a low dose aspirin. The other test we can do is to have both Dave and I tested for genetic disorders which each test is much more expensive and I'm not sure if our insurance will cover. So we have to discuss if that is something we would want to do. Otherwise we are just going to try an increased dose of Clomid and another IUI....which if my math is correct and my body is back on track could very well be right around Christmas or New Year's. Let's hope Christmas brings more than just presents under the tree this year!! :-)

No comments: