Thursday, December 8, 2011

Punta Cana Part 3

My favorite part.

One of God's most beautiful masterpieces. The beaches. Ahhhhh I love it. I think I could seriously sit there on the beach looking at the view the rest of my life.

Just look at all those different shade of blue.

Breathtaking.
If the outside of the resort in Punta Cana wasn't so poor and scary to me (and I spoke fluent Spanish), I could totally move down there and wake up to this every day.

Doesn't everyone take these shots, the beach with your perfect pedicured toes?!


Do you love Dave wearing socks on the beach? Oh wait, those aren't socks, sweet tan Dave! LOL!



We spent the majority of our time lounging around the beach. Then once we got too hot and didn't want to be covered by salt water, we would make our way up to the pools. We mostly hung around one pool in particular as we made friends with two of the bartenders that worked there every day, Roberto and Rafael. Dave tried recruited both of them the first two days we were there for baseball, he offer to have us adopt them if they came to play for his team.....turned out Roberto was 33 years old and Rafael 21, LOL!!!! In Dave's defense they did look young ;)

Our Hut! We loved these thing!

We did venture off the resort grounds one day by going Zip lining!!  It was a group trip with about 15 other people in these big tour jeeps. The trip there was about 50 minutes, half of which the road was paved and the other half was pure mud up to the mountains. They don't have much for infrastructure, some paves roads, the most not. No real speed limits. A lot of speed bumps. And they love to honk their horns, we were told they honk so much because they are so excited to be driving a vehicle!  
Once we made our way up the mountains we were dropped off with another bus group to the main building. They gave us instructions and showed us the correct way to go down the zip line, put us all in our equipment and took us to a practice cable to show us how everything worked, then it was up to the first platform to start.
I was completely scared and nervous from the time we left the resort. The ride up didn't help since the unpaved mud road was so extremely bumpy I thought numerous times our vehicle would tip over. The first three cable I went across I held my breath the entire way!

But the views were pretty amazing once I stopped to finally enjoy them.
There were 12 cables to zip line across, you went one at a time across each one. Some were connected platform to platform, but some you had to climb down hike to the next and climb up....it was absolutely exhausting! I think I was sore for 3 days afterwards from pulling myself up to the cable and hanging there until on of the workers hooked and unhooked me, it was quite an upper body workout.
The zip lines were all different lengths, heights and speeds. A couple of them even went across a river that had an amazing view. Definitely an experience!!! 
The only downfall from the trip was coming home. A long story short - our transportation never showed up at the resort, had to pay for a taxi, our first flight was delayed 5 hours, missed 1st connecting flight, was never rebooked to another flight when we were suppose to be, got rebooked on a flight that left Miami in 30 minutes which involved up running our asses off to get to the gate just in time for last call, 2nd flight gets delays once on the plane, almost miss 3rd flight home, and our luggage got lost. Whew, that was a mouth full!

Sun setting on the beach



Such a fun and amazing trip!!  Overall it was a great experience, aside from the trip home.

No comments: