I may be a little late but Happy 2012!
Looks like the first week and half of 2012 has already started to get away from me. We spent the first day of the new year having a lazy "family day in bed". Equipped with the pups, we watched movies and reality TV and napped on and off throughout the day. It was fabulous! Sometimes you just really need one of those days. I can't believe it is really the new year, 2011 sure when by fast. It was a whirlwind of events and a roller coaster ride of emotions, both good and bad. There are so many things to look back on last year that really made it a great year with a few rough patches.
A Recap of 2011:
- I started a new job, making better money, working with great coworkers and loving my boss.
- My brother and his family moved back to Iowa, I get to hang out with my nephew more!
- I'm going to be an aunt again!
- Dave was given an overdo raise.
- I started taking more orders baking.
- We spent a great weekend in Chicago.
- We had two close friends get engaged (not to each other), Roxie and Sean John.
- Lost weight....and gained weight.
- Got a new car!!
- Went through 5 rounds of Clomid.
- Upgraded to an Infertility Specialist.
- Had an HSG to check my fallopian tubes.
- Had two successful IUI's with Clomid, unfortunately we also had two miscarriages.
- I started acupuncture and getting adjustments
- Lost my grandfather and a dear aunt.
- Took an amazing trip to the Dominican Republic
- We're still living in our beautiful home and have our two cute little puppies.
- We have our health and we have our families!
Now we get to look forward to 2012 and to what looks like is going to be OUR year!!!
Because we're PREGNANT!!!
Yes that's TWO very positive lines
It's official, we made it to our first (ever) ultrasound and actually got to see our little miracle, yolk sac, fluttering heartbeat and all!! We even got to hear the 126bpm heart fluttering away, absolutely beautiful!! It was such a relief to see up on the screen, I was of course really nervous but everything about that little blob was perfect. That little "baby" is mostly just the yolk sac and the actually baby is seriously the size of a grain of rice under the sac. CRAZY!
This is our little Christmas Eve gift at 6weeks 4days, measure 6w2d
We decided to tell our parents over Christmas since my RE's office got us in right before the holiday. Dave's parents had invited both my parents and us over for dinner on Christmas Day so we thought it would be the perfect opportunity to tell them together.
He even gave it a little kiss :) I think he's excited to have another little cousin to play with along with his own little brother or sister due in June, which mean I'm just 7 weeks behind Steph!!!! It's going to be one exciting summer :)
Here's baby at 8 weeks 5 days, measuring right on target with a heart rate of 177bpm!
I can't believe how much s/he has grown in just two short weeks, from a tiny little blob to waving arms, legs, a Buddha belly and a small little profile!! CRAZINESS!
Now that we've made it this far and have seen MJ twice, we just started telling close friends, not yet the world (maybe in a few more weeks as I'm completely nervous for that) and now also my faithful readers whoever you are out there (if anyone?).
We're really praying hard that this one sticks and continues to grow, grow, grow. Taking it day by day still since we have a long way to go. I make sure I pray everyday, thanking God for getting us another day closer and hoping it will continue through July/August.




10 comments:
I seriously fought back tears when you told me! I'm so happy for you guys and will continue to pray for you. This little bundle is so loved already :)
WHAT???!!!!?! That's amazing!! Congrats, that is such exciting news and we cannot be more thrilled for you!
Brenda I will never forget your big reveal! It was such a special moment for all of us! I can't even put into words how happy I am for you and Dave! I am so lucky to be going through this experience with you! We can't wait to meet Baby MJ. Prayers always! Love you!
Great news for two great people! SO happy for you and looking forward to this journey! Congratulations (again!) :)
Congrats Brenda- what an amazing way to start your new year! You and that beautiful bean will be in my prayers for sure. Enjoy every minute!
Congratulations!! I cried reading your post and I'm still crying reading this. The miracle of life is amazing. I remember watching those milestones of 6, 8, 12 weeks, followed by months and then the birth. Praying for a healthy pregnancy and baby! Congrats again! I am so excited for you!!! Blessings to you and Dave in this new year!!!
Congratulations!! I also cried while reading your post. So happy for you guys - you totall deserve it!
I am still one of your faithful readers!!! I wish you the best of luck and will continue to say prayers for you, Dave & Baby D!
Thank you, thank you , thank you ladies!! We are obviously extremely exciting for this amazing journey ahead of us. I appreciate all your kind words, thoughts and prayers more than you'll ever know!!
I am sooooo happy for you!!!! I have been praying for you that you would get your baby when the time is right. Apparently the time is now!!! This is very exciting and again congratulations!!
Post a Comment