It was Girls Weekend this past weekend. Nine of us ladies made our way to Chicago for some retail therapy, food and a night out on the town. It was a lot of fun to get out of town for a bit with a group of such wonderful ladies!! We stopped at one of the outlet malls and the only things I purchased were for the little man, he got some new threads.....
I couldn't pass them up, plus we had a coupon to take an extra 15% off your entire purchase, score! It's hard to shop for this little guy considering we have yet to have our shower so I have no idea what he'll be getting for that, plus I just flat out don't have a clue what he needs. Guess I shouldn't really worry about that as long as he has the basics (clean diapers, my boob, a place to sleep and some onesies/blankets to keep warm) then we will be fine!
After an afternoon of shopping we headed downtown to check into our hotel, The Omni Hotel. We were so lucky to get two adjoining rooms, one with two double beds and a pull out couch and the other a king size bed with a pull out couch. It was perfect! Considering how busy Chicago was that weekend with the NATO conference, Cince de Mayo and the Derby festivities, it was a bit crazy. We shopped around downtown until my feet hurt so bad they felt like I couldn't even stand, note to self start "wearing more comfortable shoes when you know you'll be on your feet ALL DAY!" I tried to put them up for a bit while everyone was getting ready for the night.
We had a great meal at Tavern on Rush then went out to the Public House and Social 25. I must admit it was a bit awkward going out to bars/clubs being 26 weeks pregnant. There's no hiding or disguising what I got going on here. I felt A LOT of stares!!! At least I wasn't the only pregnant lady in our group, however Kelsey is quite a bit smaller than me even for only being 3 weeks behind. But we made it out till midnight!! Yay us! Once the clock strict 12 o'clock we made a beeline to a taxi back to the hotel. My feet and ankles were swollen and we both were completely exhausted.
On our way home Sunday my car load stopped at Ikea in Schamburg for a little more shopping, a couple of the girls had never been and I have only been there once. I bought some photo frame shelves I'm going to use in MJ's room as little book shelves on the wall (I'll show those off later!).
How Far Along: 26 weeks 3 days
How Big is Baby? Baby's now the size of an lettuce! Baby's soaking up your antibodies, getting his immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and he'll soon be practicing the blink...perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes.
Maternity Clothes: All maternity pants and rotating between maternity and non-maternity shirts.
Gender: BOY!
Movement: Daily and I love every single minute of it! He's moving so much, I find myself watching my belly move throughout the entire day, it just amazes me!! And he is still loving hanging out on the right side, that's where I feel/see the majority of all his activity however the bigger he's getting the more I feel his movements on the left now too.
Sleep: I go through phases were I'm just not comfortable sleeping on any side so I just toss and turn all night. I'm back to getting up 2-3 times a night to pee.
Belly button in or out? In but it's getting more shallow.
What I miss: Nothing!
Food Cravings: Nothing really this week... My stomach must be getting smaller as my appetite sure has finally decreased. I get full a lot faster now too, especially at dinner time. I need small meals otherwise I feel uncomfortably full.
Aversions: Not currently....
Symptoms: Sciatic nerve pain although it's just mainly at night getting in and out of bed. Nightly pee sessions. Still get that pain in my upper back right under my shoulder blade that curls around right under the top rib cage and even travels down my arm if I sit too long. The belly is definitely starting to get in the way and make it harder to do things like pick things up off the floor and putting shoes/socks on.
Best Moment(s) this week: Picked the mattress and found a bed skirt.
Milestones: We're in double digits!! That's right, less than 100 days till August 13th :-) Yes I'm fully aware I could be overdue I'm expecting it but will of course be overjoyed to go early or just on time! But I like to be prepared.
What I'm looking forward to: MJ's baby shower next weekend!!

No comments:
Post a Comment