Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Getting Closer!

I had my 36 week appointment yesterday morning. Since I had an exam for the Strep B test my midwife asked if I wanted my cervix checked also. Of course I'm curious to see if anything at all is happening yet even though I know we still have four more weeks.

So she checked....

Cervix is thin.

Babies head is low.

Dilated to 3 cm!

Shit just got real!!

I am well aware that nothing could happen anytime soon, I possibly could stay at 3 cm for two or three more weeks with nothing else happening. HOWEVER, I cannot believe I am already at 3 cm! I was really hoping to just be at 1 cm or something so I knew something at least was going on. But this is amazing to me!

It also truly means little man REALLY could be here any day now.




1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Coming from a mom that had her first baby 3 weeks early and her second 7 weeks early...I can tell you for sure, they run their own schedule! Robyn was early and I wasn't even at a 3 when I was admitted, but I had terrible swelling and tons of Braxton Hicks. Good luck- so exciting!!