Wednesday, July 18, 2012

One MONTH

Although I'm fashionably late again with my weekly update the countdown is officially at 4 weeks, this past Friday the 13th was exactly ONE MONTH until Baby Dex's due date!!!

Friday was a little bittersweet. As not only it was one month till our due date, it was the official end of Dave coaching his 6th baseball season. They lost their game in the first round of sub state :(

I've been telling him (and MJ) all along that as soon as baseball season is over, it's BABY TIME! Even though I know he is disappointed the team didn't make it further our little man is more than welcome to come anytime! And with my post from yesterday regarding my 36 week appointment, hopefully he will do just that :)

Yesterday we celebrated my wonderful husband's 32nd birthday! We met both our parents for dinner at his favorite restaurant then headed back to our house for his traditional Great American Cookie, ice cream and presents. Plus the parents got to check out the almost complete nursery.



How Far Along: 36 Weeks 2days

How Big is Baby? Baby's now the size of a honeydew! Baby's skin is getting smooth and soft, her gums are rigid, her liver and kidneys are in working order, and her circulation and immune system are basically good to go. Her lungs are the only organs that still need to fully mature, but every day she gets a little closer to breathing on her own.

Baby should soon descend into your pelvis, which will give your lungs a little room to breathe (literally). The bad news: This puts the brunt of baby's weight on your hips and pelvis, and will make them pretty sore. Add in your ever-loosening ligaments, and you may soon be taking on that oh-so-adorable pregnancy waddle. (Whatever, I’ve had the pregnancy waddle for about the last 3 months now!)

Maternity Clothes: Official grown out of my early maternity pants thanks to the constant swelling. Although I'm still able to rotate between maternity and some non-maternity shirts, skirts and dresses.

Gender: BOY!

Movement: They are getting much stronger and lower the last few weeks. I swear he keeps punching me in my cervix and it's really not a great feeling!!

Belly button in or out? It's about to pop out, just noticed it's no longer in but on the verge of popping out.

What I miss: Nothing except sleeping comfortably.

Food Cravings: Soda, ICEE's, Flavor Ice

Aversions: None.

Sleep: Unable to sleep through the night with multiple bathroom trips and never able to find a comfortable spot to sleep for very long. Still feeling sore in the morning, numbness in my hands and feet, pelvic pain, and back pain.

Symptoms: Sciatic pain is definitely back. Swelling. Full body aches. Low pelvic pain and pressure especially when standing up to walk. Contractions. One large and in charge belly :)

Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks contractions, low pelvic movements, thinned cervix and dilated to 3 cm!

Best Moment(s) this week: Hearing little man's heartbeat, still right in the 150’s. Our glider and ottoman FINALLY came in so I can finish the nursery! Finding out my body is already making some progress and starting to get ready for his arrival.  

Milestones: Dilation!! 

What I'm looking forward to: Being considered full-term...only 1 more week holy crap! Putting the finishing touches on the nursery.




2 comments:

Jesica said...

So close to the end!

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

The pelvic and hip pain is no joke!!! Any day now!