Sunday, May 19, 2013

Mother's Day Weekend Recap



I'm a bit behind, but what's new...

Last weekend was Mother's Day, my first to be exact!! MJ made me his first Mother's Day gift at daycare, how cute is this?!?! I have it at work on my desk


Saturday morning Dave's mom invited both myself and my mom to a Mother's Day brunch at her church.

Then I actually spent the majority of the rest of the weekend cleaning. You would think Mama's get the weekend off from that stuff but for some odd reason I had a lot of energy and motivation to get the entire house clean. I'm talking the whole shebang...upstairs and downstairs...dishes, dusting, mopping, vacuuming, windows, all three bathrooms, loads upon loads of laundry, sheets, pillows, towels, rugs, etc. 

It helped that MJ was so good, not that he's ever bad or anything but he had some good self playtime and took two really great naps.    

Nothing like a little morning reading in bed.

I'm fairly certain Dave forgot about Mother's Day.....okay he didn't forget, he knew it was coming, he talked about gifts ideas he might get but Sunday morning rolled around he had to "run some errands" and return a movie.



He came home with a card and flowers from him and MJ, along with McD's breakfast. The new egg white sandwich is pretty good and of course my fav, iced coffee!!

He's certainly not a plan-a-head type of guy but I still love him.

We had a nice dinner at Outback, I treated myself with a delicious Strawberry Margarita!!

My handsome little man.


I bet you thought I quit....

I did not!

I didn't get a chance to do the 30 Day Shred on Saturday so I made up for it on Sunday and did it twice! I did Workout 1 and then decided to see what Workout 2 was all about so I did it right afterwards.

It was hard!!
It sucks!!
I hate Jillian Michael's!
But I did it, both of them :)

Hope ya'll had a Happy (belated) Mother's Day!!

No comments: