Sunday, May 19, 2013

Weekly workout

The first time I attempted the C25K I just barely made it through week 5. And even in that week I wasn't able to fully run what I was suppose to run. I walked more than I should and ended runs early. A few weeks ago somehow I got a day behind the program by redoing once of the days twice on acciedent and instead of skipping ahead I just went with it.

So this week I started at Week 4 Day 3 - Jog 3 minutes, Walk 90 secs, Jog 5 minutes, Walk 2.5 minutes, Jog 3 minutes, Walk 90 secs, Jog 5 minutes. I made it through the entire workout as directed.

I thought about redoing that run because I didn't think I was ready to jog 5 minute intervals but once I got to the gym I just went with my gut and decided to do it and see if I could. Week 5 Day 1 - Jog 5 minutes, Walk 3 minutes, Jog 5 minutes, jog 5 minutes, Walk 3 minutes, Jog 5 minutes.

And I did it!

Then Friday came and I went to the gym thinking I would do that run again because Week 5 Day 2 was Jog 8 minutes, Walk 5 minutes, Jog 8 minutes. I didn't think there was anyway I could do that.
But I decided to try it.
You'll never know if you don't try, right ?!?
So I did...and I did!
I made it, the entire thing without walking.
 It was hard. I was literally dripping sweat, it was gross but I felt awesome that I did it AND DONE!!


I'm a bit nervous about what's next, 20 minutes straight of just jogging. This time I really might repeat this last day before attempting it but I guess we'll see once I get to the gym tomorrow...


As for the 30 Day Shred, I was able to keep up with it from Sunday through Wednesday. Then I was distracted with a baking order Thursday and Friday nights and Saturday I was out of town the majority of the day for my cousin's baby shower. I started it back up today so I'll make sure to be a better blogger this week :)

No comments: