I got a call last yesterday evening from our daycare that we wouldn't have any daycare today due to her daughter having to stay in the hospital over night for observation (all is okay thank God!). So I worked from home and it turned into Mommy and MJ day!
To try to stay on his regular schedule we got up at regular time and did our same old work week routine...mommy wake up by 6:00am to get dressed and ready for work, MJ wake at 6:30am, nurse, play while mommy gets breakfast, eat breakfast together, change and dress MJ and then we're out the door. I had to go into work to pick up my computer so I could in fact work from home. We hung out a bit while MJ flirted, acted shy, cheesed, and showed off his crawling skills.
By time we left, picked up an iced coffee for mommy, and got on the highway MJ was tuckered out from all the excitement. He feel asleep practically as soon as we hit the interstate! Once we got home, b-lined to his crib to lay him down for the rest of his nap. He looked up at me, smiled then rolled over and was out.....for 3 HOURS!
THREE HOURS!!!
Birthday week apparently is exhausting :)
Once he woke up from a great nap we ate lunch together and he started using his fork for what it's actually used for!! Not just for banging against his highchair and throwing on the floor. I would put a piece of chicken or fruit on the fork then hand it to him or lay it down and he would pick it up and put it in his mouth. Over and over again!!
He's starting to get it!
After lunch I took a little break from work for some playtime and fun in the sun!
We headed outside for some pool play in the new pool daddy bought for someones birthday
Once daddy got home from work and a running a few errands, I got to have some quick mommy alone time! With all the party planning and crazy baseball schedule the past two weeks I have only been able to get to the gym ONCE to run/workout! I feel like a total bum.
So yesterday once MJ was napping I decided to get outside for a walk and maybe run. I have yet to start attempting to run a 5K outside. What better time than the present? I ended up running and seeing how far I could go. I ran just about 2 miles and made it 2.60 total.
To make excuses for myself...it was noon, hot, and my first attempt at running outside. So I'm pretty proud of myself.
I downloaded the MapMyRun app and made routes around my neighborhood from 1 mile up to 3.5 miles. Today I decided to do a quick 1 miles run. Although this quick 1 mile route has a pretty nice hill with a dead end. It's nice on the way down but not on the way back. It sucked! But I did it and it's better than not doing anything at all :)
Once I got home from my run it was time to start dinner!
Per request from the birthday boy AND daddy....we had breakfast for dinner!!
MJ loves waffles so for his pre-birthday dinner it was a no-brainer.
Can't believe my baby turned 1 tomorrow!!
I'll have an update on his birthday party from over the weekend later this week.





2 comments:
I can't believe he's one and I still haven't met him! Grr
Next time you come home to visit your parents you need to let us know so we can meet up, even if it's quick!!
Post a Comment