Lets start off with the details!
I of course got a tone of ideas off Pinterest, where else. I planned long ago that MJ's birthday would be Sock Monkey themed. While he's little and has not yet formed the ability to have an opinion or preference of party theme I'm taking advantage of picking something I want :)
All those sports, superheros and truck themed parties can wait till later.
I want it cute and kid-like. So sock monkeys it is!
I started off my making a DIY wreath. Made with two different color yarn I wrapped around a green Styrofoam wreath ring (those are my technical turns). I cute 3 pieces of scrapbook paper for the pennants which I hot glued to a piece of yard I hung across and tied. I then cut out the letters for ONE from my Cricut machine and hot glued them to the pennants.
This greeted guests at the front door, along with MJ's balloons from his one year pictures the day before.
The balloons each color of red, blue, white, and brown.
The highchair.
DIY sign made from the Cricut.
The tables were each covered in red and robins eggs blue table clothes.
Red, white, and robin eggs blue pom poms were DIY project
For the main kitchen table I placed MJ's smash cake on, surrounded by pictures from his one year photo shoot and the sock monkey hat which was the inspiration behind the entire party!
Happy Birthday Madden sign was also DIY
I made a Newborn - 12 month banner which included his monthly pictures.
It was so cool to be able to look at them all next to each other and see the changes from month to month.
The dessert and candy buffet!
Of course I had to make cupcakes for MJ's party. Mini red velvet cupcakes with a cream cheese frosting. I tried out a new recipe for a Banana cupcake with Vanilla and Nuetella Swirl Buttercream, they were awesome and most definitely a hit.
For the candy, I got Red and Brown Monkey Vines (aka Red and Chocolate Twizzlers), blue rock candy sticks, malted milk balls, and mini Swedish fish. I included treat bags for guests to take extra candy home with them.
For beverages we had bottled water, beer, Kool Aid Bursts, and kid-friendly Monkey Punch
Monkey Punch included blue Hawaiian Punch, Lemonade and Sprite.
For the food we took it easy and ordered a Hungry Hobo sandwich serves with tortilla roll-ups, veggie tray, fruit tray, pasta salad, and Uncrustables for the kids.
Color themed candy.
On top of each of the Banana Cupcakes I made marshmallow fondant sock monkeys.
I loved how they turned out! Took a little bit extra time but so cute and so worth it!!!










No comments:
Post a Comment