Pinned it, Completed it.
As part of my yearly goals, I wanted to try out some healthy recipes and complete some of my Pins off Pinterests. A couple months ago I had dinner at a deli/coffee shop downtown that serves a vegetarian menu with local produce. The food was amazing! It was the first time I ever tried quinoa, and the salad was so good that I looked all over Pinterest for a copy cat recipe.This is pretty close,
Quinoa, Black Bean and Cucumber Salad
Source
Ingredients
- 1 cup rinsed quinoa
- 2 cups water
Salad
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 can black beans (or any kind you'd like)
- 1 cucumber, peeled, quartered and chopped
- 1-2 tomatoes, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 TB chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled (cook quinoa while chopping veggies)
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1 TB plum vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
In a small bowl, mix olive oil, vinegar, and spices.Chop vegetables. Drain and rinse beans.
In a large bowl, add beans, veggies, and quinoa. Pour dressing over the top and mix well.
Chill and serve.
It's light, refreshing, delicious, and healthy!
No comments:
Post a Comment