Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Relaxing Detox

Last night I completed one of my Pinterest Pins! Number 2 for the year if you want to keep count with me for my yearly goals ;)

The past couple days I've been fighting a cold, I almost took yesterday off work to rest but didn't. So I thought it would be the perfect time to try out this Bath Detox I had Pinned a few months ago. I was hoping the little one would want to go to bed early so I could have 'Mommy Time' but of course he just wanted to stay up and play. I was feeling so crappy and just wanted to go to bed myself as soon as he was down but opted for the bath anyways.

For the bath I used:
2 cups Epsom Salt
10 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
1/2 cup baking soda
hot water

I couldn't find just plain Epsom salt at the grocery store last night so I bought the Lavender Epsom Salt by Dr. Teal's since I was already going to be adding Lavender essential oil to it. I figured the more the better?! 

 Then you soak for 20 - 40 minutes.
20 - 40 quiet, peaceful and relaxing minutes!

Your suppose to do this once a week, although I don't think I could find the time to do it weekly. Plus I don't take baths that frequently. This combo is suppose to draw out toxins from your body, lower stress-related hormones, relieve achy muscles, and balance your pH levels.

Shortly after I got out of the bath I felt surprisingly much better! My head was far less congested and groggy, I didn't feel like crawling right into bed to cover my head and pass out anymore. I actually felt good enough to finish my house cleaning from the weekend I meant to complete. Given it was only cleaning and mopping the kitchen floor and putting dishes away then picking up Madden's toys, but I had no deserve to do that before the bath so WINNING!

AND on top of that, I actually slept awesome last night!!!!
I still have my cold today but don't feel nearly as bad as I did yesterday. I definitely will be doing this bath detox again.

No comments: