Saturday, February 1, 2014

January Goal Check

To keep up on how I'm accomplishing my yearly goals I thought I'd do a quick check in.

  • Books -  I actually read a book this month, it's shocking! Of course it was a Nicholas Sparks book, Safe Haven. Apparently they already made it into a movie so score for me, now I must watch it.
  • Recipes - tried a new, healthy recipe Quinoa Salad at the very beginning of the month and made a Skinny Butternut Squash and Spinach Lasagna Rolls which I made into two meal and put in the freezer for future dinners! Blogging about those later
  • Pinterest - completed 1 pin off Pinterest, see above!
  • Work - working harder at my job, in progress.
  • Fitbit - I'm wearing my Fitbit religiously and really am trying to hit my 10,000 steps a day goal the majority of the week.
  • Food Prepping - so far so good
  • Water, water, water. It definitely helps that I've actually starting tracking how many ounces I drink everyday with my Fitbit and My Fitness Pal, along with drinking out of a gigantic jug that shows the ounce marks on it.
  • Goal Weight - work in progress, I will be updating with a separate blog post for this soon.
  • Money challenge - so far I have kept up with it and actually added a bit more these first we weeks. I cannot justify only transferring 1 or 2 dollars each week, so I just rounded up to $10.
  • Swim lessons - signed up for February
  • Dave's Bachelor's degree - He started his 3rd class this month which is a 5 week class.
  • January date night - Completed thanks to a Christmas present from the in-laws which included gift cards for dinner and a movie along with a free babysitter (them!), to enjoyed an evening out. We went to dinner at Red Robin, spend some time at a book store in between, then saw the movie Saving Mr. Banks (which was really good). After we got home Dave threw in Mary Poppins when we went to bed.....have I ever mentioned how much of a Disney fan he is!?! ;) 
  • Student Loan - we have resumed payments (whomp whomp) since Dave's under the credit minimum for it to be deferred.
No too bad for the first month. Still have 11 more to go to complete everything. So far I'm feeling pretty good about these goals and this year in general!

No comments: