Today is the BIG day!!! Our 21 weeks ultrasound is scheduled for the very end of the day.
We've only seen our sweet babe via ultrasound once and that was at 7 weeks, it has been so long. I am really looking forward to seeing all the changes and of course making sure babe is healthy and happy in there. So, as I sit here trying to past the time the thought came to me that we never really did any gender predictions for this kid...and so dropping the ball for kid #2 begins!
Carrying: Rumor has it that if you are carrying baby high, it's a girl and if you are carrying low, it's a boy. This baby is super low, all movements are seriously practically in my vagina (sorry for the graphic) making this predication BOY
Similar tales say that if you carry in front you've got yourself a boy and if you expand horizontally that it's a girl. Dave told me the other night he thought this baby was all in front, making the predication also, BOY
Stealing Beauty: Legends say that if you are having a little girl, she'll steal your beauty. So if you have acne and other not-so-pretty skin blemishes then you're having a girl. Dry hands and cold feet are signs of a boy. I've definitely been breaking out but that's not really different than any other time unfortunately, I have the skin of a preteen. Predication says GIRL
Needle/Ring Prediction: Never got around to trying this one out this time.
Heart Rate: The theory states that if your baby’s heart rate was 140 beats per minute and above, you would be having a girl. If the heart rate was under 140 beats per minute, then you would be having a boy. Baby #2 has been holding steady around 160 bpm making this prediction a GIRL
Dreams: I've actually haven't had any dreams about baby so far that I can recall anyways. The last few nights I've been constantly waking in anticipation for the big announcement, hoping baby looks good and healthy, how to tell family, if we'll have MJ at the appointment, if he'll be excited, etc. EITHER
Dave's Guess: Dave is guess another BOY this time. Either guessing or wishful thinking on his part ;)
Madden's Guess: Okay to Madden doesn't actually have a guess but I couldn't not include him. Anytime someone asks if he wants a Brother or Sister, if baby is a Girl or Boy, if it's Blue or Pink, he always says whichever one you say last no matter how many times you change it up and ask him in a row. A few weeks ago we were watching the Daniel Tiger episode he got a baby sister and Madden asked where his baby sister was and when he would get her. Today on the way to daycare he insisted on taking his Cubs baseball book, on the front cover is a picture of a baby in a little baseball jersey. In the car he told me the baby on the book was his baby brother. EITHER
My Guess: The beginning of this pregnancy was much rougher, I had a ton more morning sickness which leads me to think a girl. I really haven't had much for craving aside from Tropical Sno/ICEE's which I also had with MJ (that and cheeseburgers, thankfully none of those this time). I don't have much of a gut feeling of either gender but I think more of boy than girl for some reason so my prediction for this babe is BOY.
I have absolutely NO preference on gender.
I've been asked "So you're hoping for a girl right?" Actually No, I'm not hoping for a girl, I'm hoping for a healthy baby. If it's a girl that is great, one of each. A little sister for Madden would be adorable. And of course how could I not love dressing a little girl in leggings, rompers, headbands and bows!!
Then of course I would be thrilled to have another little boy. Madden has stolen my heart every single day. I love being a boy mom. I would absolutely love for him to have a little brother and watch that bond grow, them playing together, getting into trouble together, playing baseball in the backyard, etc.
Either gender is very appealing but I'm just grateful to be able to grow our family by one more sweet little babe.
Blue or Pink.
Boy or Girl.
Sister or Brother
Bring it on.
2 comments:
So which one is it? Don't leave us hanging. :)
I too wanted a healthy baby first and foremost, but then I wanted a boy. I knew how boys worked....and then we had a girl. I love both my kids, no matter their gender.
Haha we were out of town all weekend for a family wedding so I never got the chance. But today is the day!!
Post a Comment