I've been asked on multiple occasions what we need for Baby #2.
Fortunately since Madden just turned 3 and we knew we wanted to have more babes, we kept pretty much everything from Baby #1. Now that MJ has transitioned out of the nursery and into his big boy room, we have turned the shades of blue, green and brown into navy, coral and aqua....a bit more fitting for a girl.
I've had the chance to go through all Madden's baby clothes to see what we can reuse. The one downfall of knowing the gender of baby #1 ahead of time is the majority of all those cute little baby clothes are blue with trucks and sports on them. I am in no way opposed to Princess Beyonce wearing blue and brown with cars or balls but it's clear she is in need of a few things pink and purple with bows and lace in her wardrobe. So I decided to put together a small list of a few things we know she definitely does need.
Baby Girl Needs
1. Burp Cloths - you can never have to many burp cloths
2. Bibs - We have lots of hand me down sports and jungle themed bibs from big brother, these match the burp cloths and the outfit big brother picked out for his sister.
3. Additional Boppy Slipcover- we only have 1 extra slipcover aside from the one that came with the boppy and we all know how much baby can spit up so it would be nice to add one more to the mix.
4. Monthly Stickers- I loved taking Madden's monthly pictures to compare his growth and hope to do the same with baby girl.
5. Newborn and Size 1 Diapers plus wipes- this one goes without saying ;)
6. Bath and Skincare - for babies sensitive and brand new skin.
7. Girl socks- love these cute little ballerina socks
8. Hair Bows and Accessories- what can I say a girl needs accessories!
9. Detergent
After going through what additional items we could use for baby #2, I started looking into what things this mama might need for the hospital, nursing, and after birth.
Mama Needs
1. Robe - I've actually wanted a robe for sometime now (since babe #1) and think it would be incredibly convenient while in the hospital trying to nurse and having visitors. This one I found at JcPenny while casually looking and it is so soft it feels like butter!
2. Nursing tanks - I love these tanks from Target, they are super comfortable and come in lots of color choices. I use the crap out of the cami's and could use a couple extras.
3. Comfy pajama pants - comfy, loose fitting lounge pants after giving birth is a must. These are the same brand as the robe and now that I have one pair of them I need more.
4. Milk storage - I plan on breastfeeding and eventually pumping a stash for when I go back to work and someday enjoy some mommy time alone
5. Abdominal Wrap - I did not have one of these after my first pregnancy, I actually knew nothing about them until recently but have read great things about them helping with recovery, healing, and just generally assisting in getting everything back together once baby is out.
6. Double Stroller - I am on the fence about whether or not we need a double stroller. Is it worth spending the money to have for an infant and toddler? Half the time Madden wants to walk and sometimes he wants to sit or be carried if we don't have another option. This Sit N Stand Stroller looks like a great option for busy little toddlers and is not crazy expensive!
Dave's uncle was generous enough to already get us a new video monitor with a second camera (our current model was discontinued and they don't sell the additional camera!). The only other thing I could add to this list is a new coffee maker as Madden got his hands on my current one months ago and broke the lid off the top. It still works but can be a bit of pain.
Dave's uncle was generous enough to already get us a new video monitor with a second camera (our current model was discontinued and they don't sell the additional camera!). The only other thing I could add to this list is a new coffee maker as Madden got his hands on my current one months ago and broke the lid off the top. It still works but can be a bit of pain.
Any advice or suggestions for things you need for baby #2?


1 comment:
We didn't bother with a double stroller. Paxlet was 2,7 years when dd was born and he had been walking everywhere since he was 2. You could instead try a boogie board (attachable board for the bigger kid to stand on).
We too had a boy first and girl second. Our girl def wears brothers hand me downs, but some of her own a nice too. As our 2 are born almost 6 months apart, not all clothes/shoes are going to be in the correct size and season, so that is going to create some need ti buy stuff.
Don't get too many diapers or wipes just yet. It turns out our girl's bits get irritated if we use certain brands of them. Didn't have that issue with our boy. Sounds like you have most everything thought of.
Post a Comment