Friday, October 23, 2015

Baby #2 Bumpdate: Week 38

I thought since we are nearing the end I would start doing weekly updates. However this is going to be very non-impressive since it's just weekly and not much activity

How far along: Week 38 


Maternity clothes: Majority of all maternity but still sneaking some non-maternity items into the wardrobe


Stretch marks: Same, just the one on the underside of my belly.


Sleep: Same. I’m up to pee multiple times a night and wake up tossing and turning hourly if not more having to move from one side to the other because of numbness everywhere and because I’m just straight out uncomfortable.  I typically end up by morning propping up pillows to sleep on my back. 


Weight: Around a total of 30 lbs 


Exercise: Same. Trying to keep up our walk breaks at work while the weather is still reasonably descent.  


Baby Update:  This week baby girl’s heart rate was 152 and measuring right on target still. She is head down still, head right in my pelvis. She is facing backwards with her back out, her butt right below my ribs and her legs move from right side to my left throughout the day typically.  


Best Moment(s) this Week:  We made it out to the Pumpkin Patch with better than expected weather! I received LOTS and LOTS of baby girl clothes to use from Tera and Steph, it was a bit overwhelming going through everything at once but am so grateful for wonderful friends and family to reuse loads of adorable girl items AND save $$. Her closet is stocked and I think we are pretty set for the first 12 months! :)


Miss Anything: Sleep. Sleeping comfortably. Being able to bend over. Sushi…oh how all can think about lately is some spicy tuna rolls. Seasonal beer.

Movement:  Movements seem to be slowing down a bit but when she does move she makes it known with appendages practically coming out my body. Also she is getting the hiccups much more often, working on that swallowing reflex!



Food cravings: Still have grape slushy's on the brain.


Anything making you queasy or sick: None


Gender: It's A GIRL!

Big Brother: Madden is still helping prepare for baby sisters arrival. He shows off the swing and play mat to anyone who comes over and is still testing the pay mat out! He helped me install the car seat and talks about how his sister will sit there. The other day at daycare while he was going to the bathroom he told his daycare provider Rachel, "My baby sister poops more than me".


Labor Signs: 
Saturday night I was up will 3:30am with contractions. They were all over the place though, from 4-11 minutes apart and lasting anywhere from 45 seconds to over a minute and a half.  The majority of them were pretty uncomfortable and not able to sleep through. I made sure to drink lots of water then of course had to keep getting up to pee. They finally ended up getting further apart after 3am and then eventually stopped. Since then I've only had some Braxton Hicks and nothing else.   

Symptoms: 
Nasal congestion. Contractions. Leg cramps. Sciatic pain. And a belly that if getting out of control.

Belly Button in or out: 
Outtie


Wedding rings on or off? 
On

Mood: I've actually started feeling really good the past week or so, aside from the entire unable to sleep comfortably thing. I don't feel crazy uncomfortable during the day unless I have a full bladder and am feeling context at this stage in pregnancy. 

Looking forward to:  Taking MJ to Boo at the Zoo this weekend, Trunk or Treat at the Dexter's church again next week, and Trick-or-Treat next week. I of course don't want to miss any of these events but know MJ will be in great hands if baby girl decides to come early and have had plenty of volunteers that someone will be able to take him to any of them. And of course the anticipated arrival of Princess Beyonce!!! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post dear! Have a wonderful weekend:)

irenethayer.com

Megan said...

You're getting so close!!!! Can't wait to see her!