Friday, October 16, 2015

Baby #2 Bumpdate: Weeks 35 - 37

We made it to 37 weeks and I am officially the most pregnant I have ever been!!
I actually started having some contractions last night at 36w6d all evening which made me wonder if she might attempt to compete with her big brother to arrive at the same time but they were not terribly painful and eventually trailed off by time I went to bed. Looks like Princess Bey is not nearly in much of a hurry as her brother was. 


How far along: Weeks 35/36/37 

Maternity clothes: 
Majority of all maternity but still sneaking some non-maternity items into the wardrobe

Stretch marks: 
Just the one on the underside of my belly, which I can’t even see because of its roundness. 

Sleep:
 Ugghh my body apparently hates sleep. I’m up to pee multiple times a night and wake up tossing and turning hourly if not more having to move from one side to the other because of numbness everywhere and because I’m just straight out uncomfortable.  I typically end up by morning propping up pillows to sleep on my back.  

Weight: 
Around a total of 30lbs+ now

Exercise: Let’s not even talk about it! Most days we at least get one walk break in at work but not everyday. My body aches, my belly feels gigantic, my lady parts may fall out at any moment, at some point I think a foot is going to literally kick through my stomach and out my side, and contractions are sporadic but all the time especially when I go for a walk and I have to pee every 5 seconds which makes it difficult to go on walks. So that’s super fun!

Big Brother/Big Sister Class....and who can resist a good nose picking photo!
Baby Update:  Baby girl’s heart rate is still right in the 150’s and measuring right on target. She is definitely gaining weight and growing in there by the growth of my belly! 

Best Moment(s) this (3) Weeks:  We’ve got to spend lots of cousin play time together these past few week which has been great. MJ went to a Big Brother class and went to his first dentist appointment with me. They counted his teeth, he watched as I got my teeth checked and cleaned, and then he got to play with the water squirter/sucker. The wonderful ladies I work with threw my co-worker and I a joint Baby Shower which was really sweet. Watching the Chicago Cubs play in the postseason playoffs and onto the National League Championship. I had my last hair appointment and pedicure this week before babe arrives. Getting all ready!

Miss Anything: 
Sleep. Sleeping comfortably. Being able to bend over. Sushi…oh how all can think about lately is some spicy tuna rolls. Seasonal beer.

Movement: She is still one very active little girl. I think she has dropped a bit because she is not all up in my rib cage but she does feel like she’s going to kick body parts right through me. She still loves to stretch out from my ribs down in my cervix and enjoys punching me in the crotch!    


Food cravings: Still got Tropical Sno and Whitey's grape slushy's on the brain.

Anything making you queasy or sick: 
None

Gender: 
It's A GIRL!

Big Brother: Madden attended Big Brother/Big Sister class at the hospital to get ready for his new role. He learned how to hold a newborn baby, help feed baby a bottle, change a diaper, and other ways to help out. He colored a card for his new sibling and got his picture taken which will both be put on the baby’s bassinet when he comes to visit her for the first time. He helped wrap this baby sister gift he'll bring to the hospital. He's also been a really good helper setting up and testing out the play mat and swing to make sure they are all in working order.   

Labor Signs: Contractions have continued to be daily, still sporadic but seem to be more often. During my 36 week appointment for the Strep B test I had the midwife check me since I was super curious to compare where I was with Madden at this point. My cervix is soft, 2 cm dilated and 70% effaced. This of course doesn’t necessarily mean anything but it’s nice to know that at least there is a little bit of progress.       

Symptoms: 
Nasal congestion. Braxton Hicks contractions. Leg cramps. Sciatic pain. And a belly that if getting out of control.


Belly Button in or out: 
Still half in/half out borderline 


Wedding rings on or off? On

Mood: 
I just started fighting a cold this week but overall feeling good. Some days I am completely ready to be done being pregnant and some days I am content. I never got to that point when pregnant with Madden but sure started feeling that way early on this time around. Starting to think more about labor/delivery is certainly making me nervous, especially just not knowing when or how it will happen or how long. I re-read Madden’s birth story earlier this week which definitely started those nerves and thoughts.

Looking forward to:  Hoping when she comes it’s during the week so we can enjoy ALL the Fall/Halloween festivities these next few weeks  like the pumpkin patch, Boo at the Zoo, Trunk or Treat, Halloween parade, and of course Trick or Treat. And of course the anticipated arrival of Princess Beyonce :)

No comments: