Monday, December 14, 2009

Relaxation

This weekend my mom invited me to a Spa day with her. She had won a gift certificate last December at a Benefit for one of our neighbors who has cancer. The certificate was for a 1 hour couples massage plus a manicure and pedicure. Of course my dad is not into that kind of thing so I had volunteered to take his place and she ended up taking me up on that offer. We went to the Shangri-la Salon & Day Spa in Moline, IL on Saturday. We had a wonderful 1 hour massage that felt great on my sore muscles from working out and shoveling. Then we got our nails done, I took the pedicure and got my feet and calves massaged again while my mother got a manicure. I was so relaxed after that, that all I wanted to do was go home and take a nice long nap!

Saturday, Dave and I went down to Geneseo to visit our friends Christian and Missy who moved there in the Spring. They had an open house/Christmas party and Geneseo had their annual Christmas Walk downtown. All us girls drove to the downtown and walked thru the Christmas Walk. It was pretty cold but really nice, they had window displays in most of all the shops and you could go into the shops to look around, or shop or just get warm. They also had kettle corn, hot cocoa and carriage rides. It was really cute!

No comments: