Last winter it totally helped me to have a workout buddy, my friend/co-worker Gretchen who actually picked me up every morning at 5:30am, went to the gym together about 4 days a week. But since we no longer work together and she no longer lives in Iowa, it makes it a little harder to workout together. So I am so happy that I have a new workout buddy. I think it really does help motivate me to actually get to the gym because I know someone is there waiting for me and really that's the hardest part, leaving the house and just driving to the gym!!
My goal: To use my blog as a weekly diary of my workout routine in hopes that it will keep me motivated to go to the gym each week. I have a tendency to go to the gym solid for like 2 months and then fall completely off the wagon for about 2-3 months. It's a vicious cycle that I hope to put to an end. Plus, this will keep me accountable to how often I actually do exercise. Week #1
- Monday- Off
- Tuesday- Treadmill 30 minutes; Abdominal's
- Wednesday- Took doggies for a 20 minute jog/walk in the neighborhood
- Thursday- Precor Elliptical 30 minutes
- Friday- Precor Elliptical 30 minutes; Lifted weights upper body, abdominal's; stretching
- Saturday- BODYVIVE class 55 minutes
- Sunday- Treadmill 30 minutes; Precor Elliptical 30 minutes; stretching
One of my 101 goals was to take a class at the gym, so I talked Kelsey into going with me and we went to the BodyVIVE class on Saturday morning. It was a pretty good class, we did lots of squats. We had to do some Salsa moves, that I could not for the life of me get the hang of and of course as soon as I did we changed into something else. That was a little frustrating but for being in the class and seeing all the moves for the first time, I have to say I think we did pretty good. There were parts I got really out of breath and tired with which is a good thing. Unfortunately after that workout and from lifting Friday, I was sore and exhausted all day Saturday. We tried to go Christmas shopping but ended up coming back home for an afternoon nap. I was so tired and sore that I did not get off the couch the rest of the evening and went to bed early. Also I must say that I usually take Sunday's off from the gym, however I was watching TV this afternoon and came across a show on E! about Hollywood Stars Bounce Back Bodies, (which of course makes you feel wonderful about yourself). So that motivated me to decide to go to the gym for 30 minutes, and since no one is usually at the gym on Sunday's, I decided I might as well make the most of my time of an empty gym and do another 30 minutes of cardio. So here I am, 6 out of 7 days this week I was able to do some sort of workout. That in itself makes me feel great about myself. I just hope this will continue!!
**Note to Readers: Please Feel Free to Comment if I Start Lagging on My Workouts or Posting My Activity.
No comments:
Post a Comment