Thursday, April 1, 2010

That's What Friends Are For

This past weekend I finally was able to get together with my college roommates (after many months of talking about it) and we had a mini-girls weekend. Oh how I LOVE my girls! It is always such a relief hanging out with them and getting to catch up since we all live in different cities and have such different lives. We don't get to hang out often but it is so much fun when we do!

Today I received this wonderful email from one of my roommates, Tiffany, and it just made my day!! So I thought I just had to share it because, honestly, who doesn't love to hear these kinds of things? Plus I think a lot of times we get so distracted and busy with our lives we forget to tell the people we care most about how much they mean to us. So you all of you readers out there, I appreciate you and think you are truly amazing, thank you for letting me into your lives....even if it is only through the blog world :)

Hi girls,

Well, I meant to get this email out to you earlier in the week, but LIFE TAKES OVER sometimes! I had a 3-hr long presentation today (went phenomenally!), so I've been busy with that!

Anyways, I would like to tell each of you how absolutely wonderful it is to have you around...I LOVE our times together and I always walk away feeling better about life in general! You two just have an enormous positive effect on me! We give each other good perspectives, support each other and I just adore it...I wish we had more times together. I some how manage to get through each day without you two, but when you are around I think, GOSH! LIFE IS SO MUCH SWEETER! :)

You two are amazing...a great variety of wonderful qualities, strengths and perspectives...thanks for being wonderful examples of young women to look up to and for being friends with ME!

Love you both dearly! Tiffany

Ohh it makes me get misty eyed just reading it again! I would also like to say congratulations to Tiffany on being accepted into the University of Gainesville in which she will be transferring to from the University of Iowa to finish her Ph.D program! Yeah, that's right, I said Ph.D!!! I have a friend who is THAT smart! :) I am going to miss her terribly, especially since she will no longer just be 45 minutes away. On the bright side I will be taking a trip to sunny Florida to visit!! I'm SOO proud of you Tiffy-pooh!

No comments: