Monday, February 20, 2012

Holy back pain Batman!

Between 9 and 10 weeks it started but only bothered me every now and again. I thought doing Zumba twice a week was making my back feel worse because toward the end of the week it would start hurting more and acting up while in Zumba. So I made sure I modified all the moved that bothered me. I decided to stop working out for a bit to see if that would help, but it seems these last two weeks it's just gotten worse! 

I'm usually good in the morning and early afternoon, but as the day goes on I start to feel it. I think it's either a nerve or a vertabae in my lower back just above by tailbone, right around my hips. It's usually a shooting pain when I do something that makes it hurt. Bending down. Standing up to fast. Getting in/out of bed in the middle of the night. I'm still seeing my Chiro/Accupuncturist, although I've cut down to every 2-3 weeks just because we can't afford me to go every week. I'm thinking about quitting accupuncture since insurnace doesn't cover it and just getting adjusted more often which I only have a co-pay. I'm not sure what else to do?

Onto my weekend....  I accomplished two big projects I've had on my To Do List for a very long time. (I LOVE making lists and crossing things out!)

I've been looking for valances for our dining area ever since we built our house! I've hated everything. It's either too plain, too flowery, too lacey, the colors suck, and so on. Plus the pattern had to, not match but compliment the curtains I have in our living area since it's all open. Finally I found something I liked! The only problem, the 3 valances I ordered were the wrong size....they ended up being 88 inches wide rather then the 54 inches I thought. So with the help of my wonderful mother, we did a little sewing and they turned out great. And now I have extra fabric to make pillow covers :)  

Before - it looks unfinished to me

After
They may be zebra print but I still think they go well with my flower print living room curtains. And it feels complete now!
The next project...
No this is not for MJ already (although it's never too early to start babyproofing!), it's actually for the dog!!  Maddux (the little a-hole) loves to run down stairs while we're not home or when we're not looking to pee in corner at the bottom of the stairs!!  Particularly on a vase that's there. I'm so fed up with cleaning it up ALL THE TIME and the smell of urine as soon as you walk down to the "man cave", which is really imbarressing when company comes over! So my solution was either kennel him, which he's never been kenneled - my fault, or put up a gate. So now we're prepared for baby and so far Maddux had not found another place to pee in the upstairs!! Let's just hope it stays that way.

Now for the Baby Update!
How Far Along: 15 weeks
How Big is Baby? Baby's now the size of a navel orange! Continuing the march toward normal proportions, baby's legs now out-measure his arms. And, finally, all four limbs have functional joints. Your fetus is squirming and wiggling like crazy down in the womb, though you probably can't feel the movements just yet. 
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Ignored the scale this week.
Maternity Clothes: Using the BeBand with the majority of all my pants now, but I still have one pair of dress pants and one pair of jeans that fit. I did purshase 2 pair of maternity jeans, they're pretty comfy.
Gender: Boy or Girl, I don't care I just want a healthy baby
Movement: ??? Maybe? Still not sure  
Sleep: Unable to sleep in on the weekends which is highly disappointing.
Belly button in or out? In.
What I miss: Nothing!
Food Cravings: No real craving this week.
Aversions: Not currently....
Symptoms: Back pain, back pain, back pain. Nasal congestion.
Best Moment this past week: Came home to clean bathrooms, laundry done, and everything but big pieced of furniture cleaned out of MJ's room! I really like this "leave me a list of things to do" list Dave requested.  
Milestones: We are just 5 weeks from being half way done! AND 5ish weeks from finding out the gender
What I'm looking forward to: 16 week appointment next Monday, unfortunately no ultrasound but definitely looking forward to hearing the heartbeat!

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Oh- sounds like Sciatica! I had it with Robyn...Dr set me up with a physical therapist (covered better by insurance) and I went twice a week for 16 weeks with Robyn. It really helped! I feel for you :(

TheThirtiesGirl said...

Yep, sciatica. I have the same thing. Chiro works for me as does a foam roller. If you don't have one, you should check it out. They are awesome and pretty inexpensive.

Brenda said...

My Midwife confirmed exactly what you both said it was! Ohh yay! I'm already going to the chiro, although I might have to increase those visits but I might just have to look into this foam roller.