Monday, February 13, 2012

Yay for 14!

How Far Along: 14 weeks...now we're getting somewhere!
How Big is Baby? Baby's now the size of a lemon! Your adorable little fetus is busy with thumb sucking, tow wiggling, (not so cute but equally amazing) making urine, and breathing amniotic fluid as the liver, kidneys, and spleen continue to develop. Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over her body for warmth.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: +1 this week (+6 total)
Maternity Clothes: Using the BeBand with the majority of all my pants now, but I still have one pair of dress pants and one pair of jeans that fit.
Gender: No idea this week. My dad is predicting a boy.
Movement: ??? Maybe? I know it's not gas, I know it's not hunger, nor indigestion. But I'm not really sure if it's the baby. I do know it's nothing I've felt before pregnancy but it's only every once in awhile.
Sleep: I could definitely go for an afternoon nap, not sure how my office would feel about a couch in my office (sounds good tome though!). Waking up more during the night and it's harder to fall back asleep.
Belly button in or out? In.
What I miss: Nothing!
Food Cravings: No real craving although this week sushi good, I could definitely go for a crazy tuna roll!!
Aversions: Not currently....
Symptoms: MJ thinks my bladder is a trampoline...I've been waking up 4-5 times a night for the bathroom! And the usual increase appetite, nasal congestion, acid reflux.  Back pain, although I think this is a lot more Zumba related than pregnancy related. I'm giving myself a Zumba timeout for a week or two to see how it feels.
Best Moment this past week: Getting to see new picture of my niece/nephew. Jordan and Steph had their 21 week appointment and the did NOT find out what they are having, we get to wait till June to find out!
Milestones: Truly the Second Trimester by every one's standard!
What I'm looking forward to: Spending Valentine's Day with my baby's daddy :) Getting the upstairs bedrooms organized, we're not clearing out MJ's room yet but we are in need of some major cleaning house!

2 comments:

Monica Johnson said...

Happy 14 weeks on the 14th!! :)

LC said...

We haven't started working on baby's room yet - but we did start our house cleaning this past weekend. I figure its time to move some of the clutter out and start making room for our lil one! :) Happy 14 weeks!