Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Thirteen!

Dave just asked me today "when do you start showing? You'll like almost halfway through." Awww Dave, you're cute but 13 weeks is not even close to halfway, we're just over the 1/4 way point. I had to show him a picture of the belly progression so far...

Looks to me like it's growing!!
Although it depends on the time of day and what I'm wearing.

How Far Along: 13 weeks
How Big is Baby? Baby's now the size of a peach!  Your fetus is forming teeth and vocal cords...savor this, their nonfunctional phase. Baby is approaching normal proportions, with his head now only one third the size of his body. And intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby's tummy -- much more convenient.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 0 this week (+5 total)
Maternity Clothes: The scale might not have changed from last week but my waistline sure has, using the BeBand with the majority of ALL my pants now. Looks like a shopping trip is in order this week for maternity pants :)
Gender: Counting down the weeks till we find out, 7ish! Most likely a girl...I already know everything for a boy, the bedding, the color scheme, the color furniture, and a name that I love all for a boy. I got nothing for girl yet which means MJ is probably a girl! Dave told me he wishes our appointment was this week because he's tired of everyone guess what we are having and he just wants to know already. Mainly it's because everyone keeps saying it's a girl....I think he just wants to prepare himself, lol.
Movement: None yet but baby sure is growing with the light cramping I've had the last two days, the uterus is getting bigger.
Sleep: Getting more and more tired. I think my trimesters got confused. Waking up about 3 times a night for the bathroom but usually always fall back asleep rather quickly.
Belly button in or out? In.
What I miss: Nothing!
Food Cravings: No real craving, but chocolate milk always sounds delicious and tastes pretty amazing!
Aversions: Not currently....although I did get sick this morning not sure if was from my breakfast or something else, my stomach didn't feel well the majority of the rest of the day until later tonight but luckily I only vomited that once.
Symptoms: Multiple bathroom breaks throughout the day and night. Increase appetite. Nasal congestion. I think I officially have acid reflux, the last few weeks I've woke up in the middle of the night with my throat burning and now it's starting to happen during the day shortly after I eat too. It's not heartburn since it's not in my chest, only my throat.
Best Moment this past week: Dave told me yesterday on our way home from a Super Bowl party we were at that the boy name I've LOVE LOVE LOVED for a long time now is starting to really grow on him!! It's the only boy name I hands down am in love with and will refuse to take it off the table
Milestones: There's debate on when it starts but three words - Second Trimester Baby!!!!
What I'm looking forward to: Everything!

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

The #1 thing I notice in the pics...you are beaming!! Love the smile on your face and the bump that is forming. It's such a magical thing- very happy for you!

The Gorsh House said...

I agree with the above post! You are just glowing! I wish you could have our u/s tomorrow (yeah for 21 weeks) but seriously the next 7 weeks will fly ! Yeah for tri 2!

Brenda said...

Thanks ladies! Definitely counting down every week, I hope this trimester goes by faster than the first :)

Tiffany said...

I love your pictures!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! :D