Monday's the BIG appointment!! YAY! Counting down the days....
So I'm completely shocked at the things people say out loud to pregnant people!! Yesterday I was told by a lady I work with that "the baby sure is getting big" and "I think the baby might need to go on a diet here soon". Today I walked by her and she told me "Maybe it's just the shirts you wear Brenda because today I can hardly tell your pregnant but yesterday I was like Holy Cow that Baby is getting Big!" Seriously, who says that?!?! To anyone let a long a pregnant women!
How Far Along: 19 weeks (and 2 days)
How Big is Baby? Baby's now the size of a mango! Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil, and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature.
Maternity Clothes: I've come to the realization I'm getting to point were I'll be in only maternity pants very VERY soon...I feel some major maternity shopping coming this weekend.
Gender: Boy I think? Really it could go either way
Movement: Yes, some days more than other. Still feeling more rolls of pressure low in my abdomen with random kicks or pokes.
Sleep: It comes and goes
Belly button in or out? In.
What I miss: Nothing!
Food Cravings: Cheeseburgers and Chocolate Chip bagels with plain cream cheese
Aversions: Not currently....
Symptoms: Back pain, thank you sciatic nerve! Nasal congestion.
Best Moment this past week: signed up for Childbirth class, it's not till the end of June but since you have to be 34-36 weeks at the end of the class that is prime baseball season meaning we have limited options since baseball is pretty much everyday but Sunday's.
Milestones: feeling MJ move more and hitting 19 weeks!
What I'm looking forward to: 20 week ultrasound appointment....5 more days (but whose counting!)
4 comments:
good luck with the U/S.
Have fun at the u/s! We had ours earlier this week (I'm 18w now) and found out it was a boy - a big boy at that. The doctor didn't show us the gender and only yold us after it was all over and we asked if we would be able to see it NEXT time. LOL So, now I'm anxiously awaiting my next u/s in 3 weeks so I can actually see everything!
So happy for you Brenda and can't wait to hear the big news! I am the queen of sciatic nerve and had it terrible with both pregnancies, wish I could give you some advice to alleviate some of it. One thing that did work for me was laying on the opposite side of the one that hurt and stretching my legs out straight for several minutes at a time, almost like an exercise. I know that sounds weird but my friend is a PT and she said to try that several times a day and it really did help! Good luck!!
Not knowing who all you work with now, I am completely shocked at what you where told!! Simply RUDE!
Very excited for you to see that little miracle on the screen when they do the ultrasound!!
Post a Comment