So I'm a few days late on this.....I've been fighting a cold. Dave had it last week but only for 3-4 days, I started getting a sore throat last Tuesday night, by Friday and Saturday I thought I was getting better until Sunday morning rolled around, I felt like I got hit by a bus and it knocked my on my ass until Tuesday. I'm finally feeling better but it would have helped to be able to take the cold meds we had at our house.
How Far Along: 17 weeks (and 3 days!)
How Big is Baby? Baby's now the size of an onion! Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. His umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes now feature one-of-a-kind prints.
Maternity Clothes: Let's just say I love leggings! Still using the BeBand with the majority of all my pants now, but I still have one pair of dress pants (not for much longer!) and one pair of jeans that fit which I alternate with 2 pairs of maternity jeans.
Gender: Boy this week
Movement: Yes but only every once in awhile. Although today there's a lot of poppin' going on...still feels like popcorn popping in my belly :)
Sleep: It comes and goes
Belly button in or out? In.
What I miss: Being able to load up on cold meds when I need them!
Food Cravings: I had a Whitey's Chocolate Peanut Butter Revel Malt a week and half ago and now it's all I think about.
Aversions: Not currently....
Symptoms: Back pain, back pain, back pain thank you sciatic nerve! Nasal congestion.
Best Moment this past week: Sara's baby shower Saturday morning and babysitting the cutest little boy ever, Carter Thomas. Our friends Dan and Katie came over with dinner and their two girls so Anna and Carter could play together, it was a blast and Dave was awesome! He entertained them pretty well, although he tried his best to bribe a 2 1/2 year old to eat his dinner to no avail. We learned it's been way too long since we changed a diaper, as Dave didn't think the way I put Carter's diaper was right so he took it off and ended up putting it on backwards, oops! When it was time for bed Carter was awesome for the first time going to bed at BrendaDave's house. He walked straight to the bedroom with us, climbed up on bed with his Hawkeye van and Cars toy and laid down. I thought "This was way too easy" and just when we went to walk out of the room Carter started crying "I want my mommy!". Dave laid down with him, rubbed his back for a bit until he feel asleep about 5-10 minutes later. Even Waveland got the courage to cuddle with him until he fell asleep ;)
Milestones: Getting over my first cold during pregnancy, does that count?
What I'm looking forward to: 20 week appointment....2 1/2 weeks!
2 comments:
glad you're feeling better! i got the flu at about 13 weeks... really scary!
i voted boy! can't wait to find out ;-)
Sorry to hear about your cold..yuck!
But super excited about the 20 week appointment coming up! :)
Post a Comment