Sunday, March 25, 2012

Predictions

Tomorrow is the big day!

I can't believe it's finally here! It seems like it took forever for us to get here. 20 weeks. That's halfway!

We figured the weekend would go by so slow since all we want is Monday afternoon to get here. But we were able to survive the weekend by keeping pretty busy. As soon as I was off work on Friday I picked Dave up and we met my friend Brittany at the movie theater to see The Hunger games, which was pretty good and followed the movie really well, then we went to dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings afterwards so Dave could watch some basketball and Brit and I could catch up.

I no longer sleep in on weekends, so Saturday I was up at 7:00am to bake a cake. My wonderful mother took me maternity clothes shopping and we met my dad for lunch. I actually have comfy pants to wear to work now that I'm really looking forward to wearing! Along with a few new shirts and a long dress for both work and the wonderfully hot Midwest heat we are bound to have. After shopping I came back home to decorate the cake. We then meet a group of friends out at Buffalo Wild Wings again for dinner and basketball then went back to Chad and Kelsey's for a bit. As a fun Saturday night activity Kelsey, Annette and I tried out the Pencil/needle gender predictor test.

And as for today, I constructed my own cupcake stand which I will be posting about on my baking blog later this week so check that out here. This evening we met with Katie from Diaper Parties by Everything Birth. She brought her 18 month old daughter along with a tub of all sorts of cloth diapers. She went through them all and how each of them worked. From all the research I've done the past 8 months or so, the majority of it I already knew but it was definitely nice to be able to sit and talk to someone else about it who is experienced and for Dave to hear a first hand opinion on just how easy it can be. And now tonight, I have cupcakes in the oven as we speak to prepare for our small little gender reveal party tomorrow night (fingers crossed!).  

Now, I just hope tomorrow will go by just as fast. Our appointment isn't till the afternoon so I'm sure the work day is going to drag by.


Onto our predictions....

Chinese Gender Chart: There are a few different once out there but the majority all say Girl, expect one said Boy... so we're going with GIRL.

Pencil Prediction Test: GIRL.  Although Dave doesn't count this since we didn't actually do it correctly, we kind of guessed and then got the directions of how it works after the fact. We even tested it out on Annette's son which it completely stopped moving, we took his arm away and Kelsey put hers under it and it started moving again...it as so creepy!

Needle Prediction: BOY.

Heart Rate: The theory states that if your baby’s heart rate was 140 beats per minute and above, you would be having a girl. If the heart rate was under 140 beats per minute, then you would be having a boy. GIRL

Dreams: I've actually have only had two dreams about MJ. The first I can no longer remember, it might have been about labor, however I do remember in both baby was a girl. In the second dream we were at the hospital after having given birth to a girl. Although she was not the size of an newborn but more a 9 month old, she could already hold her head up and stand up! GIRL

Blog Poll: Out of 23 votes 65% said Girl compared to 34% who said Boy, GIRL

Dave's Guess: BOY Dave has already threatened MJ that if "he" doesn't cooperate on Monday he will be grounded for a week once he turned 5 years old, LOL!!!! 

My Guess: This is so hard for me as over the last 20 weeks I've never had an actually feeling of thinking "it's totally a girl or I just know it's a boy". I go back and forth all the time. So I'll just stay neutral with EITHER!

Odds are pointing to a Girl but we have a 50/50 chance so only time will tell. MJ, you better behave for mommy and daddy tomorrow cause I don't want you to be awaiting a grounding before your even born! :)

2 comments:

A Round of Goff said...

How exciting!! We find out next Monday and also plan on doing the gender cake reveal!! I can not wait to see the results...since we are only two weeks apart! :)

Makenzie said...

i am so excited to hear!!

our chinese said girl. and the heartrate was 160s at 11 weeks and then was always in the 145-155 range- but he was an active boy.

i had dreams of baby girls, but i would then see a baby girl of a friend. i had one dream of a boy- 5yrs old. blonde hair. looked just like tony. i knew it was my son. it was a different feeling than the baby girl dreams for sure! but i was confused because i told my 5 yr old boy i was going to stay home with him after his baby sister was born. ?? :)

i went back and forth through the whole pregnancy.

tell us soon!!!!!!!!!!