Saturday, April 21, 2012

Nursery Inspiration

This weekend we're starting to work on the nursery.

I initially really wanted to have grey walls with either gender. If we had a girl we would have had grey walls with light and hot pink accents, I already had the bedding picked up too. If it was a boy I wanted grey walls with possible a navy accent wall and lime green accents.  I'm pretty picky when it comes to bedding. I don't want a theme, I know we'll have plenty of time later to for a sports or animal theme and I don't want anything too baby-ish. I want to focus more on the color combinations. Here are a few nurseries that have aspects I love... 

The color combo: grey walls with blue and orange. 


LOVE these curtains and the pillows! 

Another grey wall with turquoise 

 Stripes!
 The color combo

 Colorful stripes....this picture has inspired me to paint stripes just like these in the nursery but in the color of the bedding I bought.

More Stripes 

Love the color combo: navy, light blue and green


I'm not getting my grey walls but I love the color combo that we're doing in the nursery. Out of all the different crib bedding all over the Internet there was only one that I really loved and kept going back to.

The walls in the nursery are already a cream/beige color so we plan on keeping the walls that color and then painting one wall with thick stripes pulled from the bedding which included navy, medium blue, light blue, green, and brown. I'm a bit nervous about how it will turn out but excited to get working on MJ's room!


3 comments:

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

I'm doing grey walls with light and hot pink for our little girl...but I can't find bedding to save my life. Can you share the one you liked with me? Or an idea of good places to find bedding? Love all the looks you've posted!

Brenda said...

I loved Pottery Barn Kids bedding for girls, it was the Harper bedding in pink....I still think of buying for someday if we have a girl :) I will definitely be checking up on your final nursery to see how it comes together, LOVE the grey stripes!!

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

That is the one I picked out! We're heading there this weekend to see it in person, I'm hoping to find some light pink in there to bring it all together. Congrats on 24 weeks, I'm right there with you with at almost 24 weeks with 2 angel babies watching over this miracle!