Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Gender Reveal Dinner

I'm a week late with this....

Last week we had our families over for dinner to reveal baby Dex's gender to everyone at once! Since I'm a little bit of a baker I tried making a new type of cupcake called a Hi Hat Cupcake but the marshmallow frosting turned out a disaster so I tinted it and made it the filling. Luckily I already had extra chocolate cream cheese frosting in the freezer that I quickly defrosted and whipped up to top off my cupcakes. They turned out awesome!

We waited until after we ate dinner for the reveal....to help build the anticipation of course  ;)
We gave Carter the first cupcake to bite into and reveal if his new cousin would be a girl or boy.


Turns out 2.5 year olds don't take big bites....even more anticipation, lol!


Cupcakes reveal BOY!!


The large majority thought for sure it was a girl, but everyone is thrilled to have another little boy in the family.


MJ got his first gift from his Aunt and Uncle, his first Cubs onesie!!
Dave could seriously not be more excited to have a little boy to pass on the family name! He of course would have been happy either way but we all know deep down he was secretly cheering for a little baseball player :) 

Either way we're in LOVE with our little man!!!  

3 comments:

The Gorsh House said...

Thank you for letting us be apart of the reveal! It was awesome and such a great memory we will all have! We cannot be more excited to have a nephew and I know Carter is really excited to have a playmate! This is just another reason why we are thrilled to be home! Congrats to you and Dave! Little boys are fun and you are going to have a blast getting everything ready over tge next 20 weeks! Live you guys and we can't wait to meet MJ!

Jesica said...

Congrats on Team Blue!

Corinne said...

cute idea