Tuesday, June 19, 2012

32 weeks


Another week's gone by and overall I'm starting to feel HUGE!
Okay I've felt big for a while now but sometimes I think I just can't get any bigger. But I know I will. Then in a few more weeks I'll think the same thing and know I will still get bigger. It's definitely a challenge getting accustomed to a growing waistline at such a fast rate.

We definitely still have some growing to come though.




This thing, called the bump, just keeps getting in the way lately.

I find myself opening doors into my belly. Bumping it into things. I avoid any shoes that tie or sandals that buckle, basically only flip flops now. I can barely paint my toes (I can but its VERY uncomfortable), it's really not a pretty site when I try so I think monthly pedicures will officially start, darn! I spill drinks and food all over it. I have to sit back further from my desk at work otherwise MJ will push up against my belly and the desk to make me feel more uncomfortable.   


How Far Along: 32 weeks


How Big is Baby? Baby's now the size of a squash!  Ready or not, baby's getting ready to emerge. He's probably in the head-down position by now, with his bottom facing up. This is the comfiest way for him body to fit in your increasingly cramped womb and will make him eventual exit (only a few months away now!) much easier. (If he's still head-up, don't panic -- there's still time for a flip before birth.) - No need to worry here MJ's been head down for quite a few weeks now!

Maternity Clothes: All maternity pants, still able to rotate between maternity and non-maternity shirts and dresses.


Gender: BOY!


Movement:  All the time, he is one strong, active and powerful little man! He loves kicking his mom in her ribs.


Belly button in or out? I feel like it's starting to be a halfy, like half in and half out but I can't see it unless I look in a mirror.


What I miss: I'm not complaining nor would I change anything....but boy do I miss being able to sleep comfortably through the night. I wake up every time I have to rool


Food Cravings: Soda!


Aversions: Not currently....


Symptoms: Dave recently informed me I snore. And apparently it's not just a little snore, I'm loud! But I don't hear it so it doesn't bother me :)  Exhaustion. Backache mainly just at night getting in and out of bed. Swelling. Out.of.Breath....I can just be sitting at my desk and all of a sudden get totally winded.


Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks, some days I only have a few the entire day and some days I have a lot to the point I start to get worried but they eventually go away.


Best Moment(s) this week: Our dresser came in so the nursery is almost complete! Dave and I had a date night on Saturday, we went to dinner and a movie. We ate dinner at Chili's, which the waitress forgot to put our order in after she put in our appetizer so the manager took care of our entire bill...score! We saw Snow White and the Huntsman, then stopped at a friends 30th birthday party on the way home. We celebrated Father's day with both our dad's. I had my bi-weekly doctor's appointment yesterday, heard little man's heartbeat at 147bpm, they're guessing he's probably around 4lbs right now although it sometimes feels like he's much bigger!


Milestones: Having less than 2 months to go!!

What I'm looking forward to: Starting Birth Class on Sunday

2 comments:

LC said...

Yay! We're getting closer! Glad to hear things are going well. I enjoy your updates. :)

MaryMargaret said...

I can completely relate to the bump-smashing! I underestimate my belly's size on a daily basis. You look adorable, and I hope your birth class goes well this weekend!