How Big is Baby? Baby's now the size of an pineapple! Baby's going through major brain and nerve development these days. His irises now react to light, and all five senses are in working order. (He won't pick up anything from his nose until after birth, though -- smell is transferred through air, not amniotic fluid.)
Out of breath? Your still-growing uterus is squeezing your lungs, making it impossible for them to fully expand like they used to. Things will improve once baby drops, probably in the next few weeks. Until then, sit up straight with your shoulders back to get a little relief.
Maternity Clothes: All maternity pants, still able to rotate between maternity and non-maternity shirts and dresses.
Gender: BOY!
Movement: All the time! I wish I knew how big he actually is measuring. He still is lovin' hanging out on my right-hand side, he pushes his butt and back up against my stomach and I swear there are times he is going to bust out! It can be a bit uncomfortable and I try to push him back in. Dave yells at me when I do it, thinking he’s going to come out with a deformed head so I have to remind him it’s only his butt I’m pushing on. He has now also began kicking the hell out of my side, just below the ribs.
Sleep: I can't seem to get enough of it, lol! I'm always tired, if not feeling exhausted. I felt like I could have slept all day Sunday, but that could have been because I wore myself out from Saturday…cleaning the entire house, doing load after load of laundry, getting my hair cut/colored, putting up MJ’s curtains…all along with the hot and humid weather. It kicked my butt!
MJ about to bust out of my belly!
What I miss: Nothing!
Food Cravings: Soda! I recently came to the realization I’ve actually been craving soda (and having it) for a very long time! I use to drink it only occasionally but it just always sounds soo good to have one every day. And I almost always do!! I should probably go back and add it to all the previous weeks….
Aversions: Not currently....
Symptoms: Sciatic nerve pain is starting to come back again. Headaches have begun. Back and rib pain. Heartburn.
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks! Feeling them quite often the longer I'm on my feet and standing in the kitchen baking or doing stuff around the house.
Best Moment(s) this week: Finally ordered the dresser. I’ve been contemplating finding an old used one to refurnish and repaint but I just haven’t found the time or energy to go looking for one, so I gave it to buying the one that matches the crib.
Milestones: Making it to a SINGLE. DIGIT. WEEKS. for the countdown!!
What I'm looking forward to: Next doctor appt is next Monday and getting to hearing MJ's heartbeat

1 comment:
I always push back when I have a butt in my ribs! I would push back even if it was the head, it hurts!
Yay for single digit countdown!
Post a Comment