Wednesday, June 27, 2012

33 Weeks

7 Weeks to go!
Actually it could really be anywhere from 5-9 weeks (if they let you go that long) as we learned in childbirth class....meaning anywhere from July 28th - August 27th. The majority of first time mothers go 10 days overdue, so we could be looking at August 23rd. 

Or course I'm not holding my breath for an early delivery, but July 28th seems VERY close!! I want MJ to keep cooking. I'm well aware I very well could go overdue since this is my first birth but by no means do I want to get anywhere near the end of August. My plan is as soon as August 1st rolls around I'm going to start doing whatever I can to help little man make his debut ;) .....whether it will work or not is another story. 

As I mentioned, we start childbirth class Sunday. Dave fell asleep within the first hour and half, I looked over to see his eyes rolling to the back of his head so I poked him and he gave me a death glare! His excuse was because we were sitting on couches and they had the A/C up. At least after that he paid attention and actively participated by giving me back massages. 

Class was a bit overwhelming, actually at the time it was fine but all the information on real vs false labor and when to call the doctor along with the birth of my new niece made me unable to sleep Sunday night. I woke up at 1:30am and did not fall back asleep at all, I basically just freaked myself out with thinking about every little symptom in the world of whether or not I could be in labor at any given time. I know we'll be fine but of course at the time when I would try not to think about so I could fall back to sleep I would just end up thinking about it more.   

33 weeks 2 days

How Far Along: 33 Weeks 2 days

How Big is Baby? Baby's now the size of an durian fruit! Things are heating up inside as well: Baby may grow up to a full inch this week alone, and his brain is developing like crazy. Pretty soon, he'll be able to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing. Also, his bones are hardening, and he's started to keep his eyes open when he's awake.

Maternity Clothes: Starting to grow out of some of my early maternity pants, it's quite hilarious to watch a very pregnant lady trying to squeeze IN and OUT of a slightly small pair of pants, looks like I might have to go shopping again for these last two months. Still able to rotate between maternity and some non-maternity shirts and dresses.

Gender: BOY!

Movement: They are getting much stronger, he is one powerful little man! They aren't just flutters or little rolls across the belly anymore, these are major karate chops to my lady parts, his butt in my ribs and kicks that take my breath away. These movements actually make me stop whatever I'm doing do be like "Damn kid that hurt, what is going on in there?" He's definitely making it known he is in there and wants some attention! I can only imagine what that is going to be like when he's out in the real world ;)

Belly button in or out? It’s mostly still in although I think sometimes it’s a halfy…but then again I can’t really see it.

What I miss: Nothing! Okay sleeping comfortably, not waking up just to turn over.

Food Cravings: Soda and ICEE’s!

Aversions: Not currently....

Sleep: Finding a comfortable position to sit in, let alone sleep in sure is becoming more of a challenge.

Symptoms: Back pain mainly at night. Swelling of my feet, ankles and legs but mostly on my right side. Occasional headaches. Exhaustion. Lack of sleep. Lack of good sleep. One large and in charge belly :)

Labor Signs: Lots of Braxton Hicks! They keep coming and going but sadly that is no indication of anything. 

Best Moment(s) this week: My niece being born on Saturday and getting to meet her!

Milestones: Starting Childbirth Classes. We might have a name! The last few weeks Dave has been pretty adamant about one of the names on our list, it of course is one of the names I really do love (since I picked it!). Even though he has gone back and forth to each of the 3 names on our list since we found out MJ is a boy, it seems like this time it might be a keeper.......but of course I'm still not telling yet!

What I'm looking forward to: Next appointment is on Monday. My best friend Roxie's bridal shower this weekend.

2 comments:

Jesica said...

Isn't it ridiculous that there's a full month of what's considered "full term"? The whole anywhere from 5-9 weeks is freaking me out a bit!

Monica Johnson said...

Your bump is soooo cute! I went three weeks early, lots of walking and a little "special time" with the hubby seemed to move things along. ha ha