Christmas is seriously my favorite time of year.
I love everything about it from the music, to the lights, decorating the tree and house, to the movies, the outside light displays, presents under the tree, to baking cookies, family time, to snow, even the cold weather because that mean curling up in front of the fire.
My favorite thing is in the early morning or at night, to have the tree lite up and only the Christmas lights on in the house, the fireplace on and to cuddle up on the couch with a cup of coffee (or beer or glass of wine),
I'm hoping MJ will inherit this love of the Christmas season as well. So far he loved looking at the tree and checking out the ornaments, he's very curious about them all but he's been a good listener when I tell him to be gentle with the ornaments or not to touch them. I've keep ornaments on the bottom of the tree but I've included all non breakable and plastic ones so that it's still okay for his to touch them since that's just want kids this age want to do and I don't want to keep telling him no. So far, so good!
Last weekend we kicked off the Christmas season with our first Christmas get together. We got family on my dad's side over.
Our family from Missouri were all able to make the long drive up which was really exciting because we got to meet the newest addition to the family, baby Grant who is 4 months old and not so little weighing in at over 18 lbs ;)
Carter broke out the "classic" version of Mouse Trap aka mine from when I was little. Missing pieces and all that we had to rig with non game pieces like a stereo remote to hold up the staircase.
Second cousins!
Then there's these two peas in a pod...
Kissing cousins again, I love how they love each other!!
Carter and MJ watching Alvin and the Chipmunks!
Can't wait for all the other Christmas festivities to continue...

No comments:
Post a Comment