As I started brainstorming my list of goals for next year Christmas Day night, I thought it would be nice to review the ones I made last years at this time for 2013. I set, what I think are attainable goals to complete throughout the entire year for myself, for Madden, and my Family.
Goals for Myself:
- Lose last 10 lbs of baby weight - Completed in May
- Lose an additional 10 lbs- Completed in July plus some more since then!
- Finish master’s degree - Fail, haven't even contacted my advisor but I am putting it on my list for next year.
- Complete the Couch to 5k program - Finally Completed this program
- Participate in a 5k race - Completed and am determined to do it again next year.
- Seasonal house cleaning – March, June, September, December - Completed, I actually did a good deep house cleaning each season, my hard work might have been negated by my husband, toddler and and get-togethers we hosted but it got done.
- Make at least 4 things on my Baking Bucket List - Even though this year was filled with lots of cake orders I only completed 2 off my baking bucket list.
- Complete at least 1 Random Act of Kindness each month - I did not do a good job keeping track of this but I know I did complete at least 6 so I got half.
Goals for MJ:
- Get him Baptized - Epic Fail! We took the class in preparation but never set a date or have asked the Godparents, it is a top priority for next year.
- Take him to our local zoo - Completed, we visited the zoo in early Spring and for Halloween
- Sign up for baby swim classes - This was my first goal completed last year! I can't wait to sign him up again now that he is a little bit older and more mobile.
- Make the majority of his baby food - Completed, I made lots of pureed fruits and veggies (some even fresh from the garden)
- Plan his 1st birthday party - Completed and a success I might add!
- Breastfeed for 1 year - Madden weaned two weeks shy of his 1st birthday but I definitely count that as a success
- (Start and) Complete his Baby book of his 1st year - I've started...and have at least 6 months completed
Goals for My Family:
- Make a Will - Fail but this is definitely a top priority for next year.
- Decrease Dave’s student loan balance by half - We were just shy of reducing Dave's student loans by half!! Which is huge BUT he finally returned to school to finish his degree which put his loan automatically on deferment. He complete 2 classes this past semester and will be taking his last 2 this next year. I chalk this up to a success and will be added to next year for completion (hopefully!)
- Plan a family vacation/trip for 2013 - Completed, went to Chicago
- Save a minimum of 10% of our income a month - Epic Fail
- Landscape the front yard - Failed
- Discuss baby 2.0 - Completed this conversation very early last year and have been working on it for a while now, hopefully this next week we will be able to add to our family.
I would say 2013 was a fairly successful year filled with a more fit and healthy body, less pounds, an active toddler, a little less debt, a little less savings, a smarter husband, a lot of baking, and a whole lot of new memories!
No comments:
Post a Comment