I'm not a huge DIY crafter.
I love the ideas people have, I just never seem to find the time to complete anything.
Last year for Christmas Madden made a homemade ornament for both of his grandparents. We made the salted dough hand print. It was a hit and turned out pretty well.
This year I high hopes for another awesome repeat!
I wanted to do another ornament and looked for Pinterest for some ideas.
I found this adorable ornament idea for a hand painted Christmas tree bulb.
It was perfect...
.
.
.
Until trying to complete it with a 16 month old!
I don't know how these Pinterest Mama's do it, but ours did not go so well.
![]() |
| Source |
I found this adorable ornament idea for a hand painted Christmas tree bulb.
It was perfect...
.
.
.
Until trying to complete it with a 16 month old!
I don't know how these Pinterest Mama's do it, but ours did not go so well.
1. He didn't want to keep his hands open
2. He wanted to wipe his hands on everything
3. He didn't like paint on his hands
4. He wanted to eat the paint
5. He definitely didn't want to put his painted hand on the ornament
I'm convinced those Pinterest Mama's fake their ornaments and just make the hand print themselves!! LOL
We did get a cute craft buddy!
Tera and baby Violet came over for ornament making.
We could have used a third set of hands to get her hand prints, wow! But it was super fun.
MJ loved entertaining Violet, he showed her his toys and how to use the play mate.




No comments:
Post a Comment