Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Progress!

 It's been a little while since I've updated my weight loss progress.

Today marks 6 months of solidly using MyFitnessPal as a tool to help me manage a better and healthier diet, so I figured I would celebrate with a 6 month photo progess report.

Here is:
 October '13 - January '14 - April '14
To me it only looks like small suttle changes over the course of the past six months.
I can tell my muffin top has shrunk, my face it thinner, my thighs are a bit smaller, and my hair is most definitely different =)
We got a photobomber this time around ;)


I'm really happy I started keeping track of all my measurements along with my weight. Really wish I would have started that at the very beginning but 3/4 of my way through this journey will have to be good enough.
Even though I don't feel like there is a hige difference between my pictures from October to now, my numbers don't lie!!!

October 1st
Weight: 154.5
Waist: 37
Bust: 36.5
Hips: 41
Thigh: 24
Arm: 11

April 1st
Weight: 136.4
Waist: 32
Bust: 34
Hips: 38
Thigh: 22.5
Arm: 10

Total 6 Month Loss:
Weight: -18 pounds
Waist: -5 inches
Bust: -2.5 inches
Hips: -3 inches
Thighs: -1.5 inches
Arms: -1 inch

I measure my waist at my belly button or natual waist. My hips are measured at the widest part of my hips/butt. And I measure my thighs at the thickest part too. ::shrink baby shrink::

Thank gawd MyFitnessPal finally updated this past week to where you can view father back than just the last 3 months!! I can actually show what my progress has looked like.
It shows my setbacks, a few plateaus and that slow and stready wins the race.



The biggest difference is how I feel overall, pretty flippin' fantastic!
It's definitely not 100% easy all the time, I have a lot of slip ups. I don't always make it to the gym each week. But I don't allow a few bad days or a week to be an excuse to give up. Tomorrow is a new day...or my next meal to get back on track. I'm definitely making much better food choices when we go out to eat! I will hop online to plan my meal out if I know where we're going ahead of time to see what my best options are.
Another big difference is that the majorty of all my clothes are too big. I desperatly need to go shopping for some new work pants! I only have 1 pair that fits fairly decently without a belt. Even my belts are too big which are useless to use to hold up baggy/saggy butt pants. I know tough problems to have! 
My little photobomber!!
He thought it was hilarious to be in the background of all my pics :)
I'm not finished yet.
I still have a little more until I reach my ultimate goal weight, 1.4 pounds to be exact!
However, I am happy with the number on the scale. As soon as I reach that goal I actually want to move my focus away from the number on the scale.
I really want to start focusing on weights!
I want to tone up.
Get some actual muscles.
Lean out.
 
For the month of April I'm participating in the 30 Day Fitness Challenge. Two of my co-workers are doing the plank and squat challanges. I also decided to do the push-up and crunches challange. Hoping this will help kick start me into getting into Beastmode.
If you interested in joining a challange check them out here.
 
Now that it's finally, somewhat feeling like Spring, I'm also looking forward to running outside again. I would like to get back to being able to run a 5k. Participate in 2 or 3 this year and I'm even entertaining running the Bix...I want to throw up just thinking about it.
Better get to work then =)~
  

3 comments:

Megan said...

Great job!! That is awesome! I love your little photobomber :)

Monica Johnson said...

Good for you B! It sure doesn't come off as quick as it used to. I have started using MapMyFitness too and I can see your updates! lol

Sarah said...

Awesome job Brenda! Oh, and that Goal Digger shirt is my new fave. :) Hope you're linking up Madden's Easter Basket next week with the blog hop!