Today I was given my 1st (informal) golf lesson by my wonderful "professional" husband! We were going to go to the golf course right by our house but since it was so hot and humid out we opted to practice in the backyard. I've NEVER played golf a day in my life. The closest I've got is mini golf and that is obviously nothing like real golf so we are starting from the very beginning....with something called the "golf swing". Dave taught me the correct way to swing a golf club and how to hold it. Since we weren't at a golf course or have a big enough yard to try hitting a real golf ball, we used a dog toy, a rubber squeaking ball the size of a tennis ball. Hey, it did it's job! Then we practiced chipping and this time we did use real golf balls. I don't really get why there are so many clubs but I guess we'll get to that at my next lesson, as I was introduced to 3 clubs tonight. Next up, the driving range! This should be interesting :)
No comments:
Post a Comment