Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Derby Ready

This Saturday is Derby weekend!!! Two years ago I had the awesome opportunity to go to the actual Kentucky Derby and it was AMAZING!! This weekend some friends of ours is having a BBQ and we're going to celebrate the Kentucky Derby as well. So of course that means wearing a hat. Instead of buying one I figured I would dusk off the ol' derby hat I made two years ago and give it a good DIY makeover.

Previous Derby Hat

It's a navy blue hat which somewhat limits the color combos, luckily my coworker Sara took me under her wing and pretty much told me what colors I can and cannot use! :) She even appointed herself in charge of my wardrobe and is having me borrow a dress from her to wear. I decided to go with purple, fuchsia, and green colored flowers. Nothing a few new flowers, feathers and glue gun can't fix, right!

And.........The AFTER!!!

Can't wait to wear it!!! And I think I might make some Mint Julep Cupcakes for the occasion too.

No comments: