Now this may just be an Old wives tale, however, many woman have said they conceived after eating the core of the pineapple (none that I know personally), so hell why not, we'll give it a go! I mean it's just fruit so it definitely won't hurt.
Pineapple contains bromelain. Bromelain is a proteolytic enzyme that apparently breaks up proteins that inhibit embryo implantation. Consuming a whole pineapple (focusing on the core as it has the highest concentration of Bromelain) during a fertility cycle can be beneficial. All I need is one pineapple core, divided into 5 portions. Then I eat one portion each day, over five days, beginning on the day after ovulation. Pretty simple!
The other night at dinner I told Dave about what I'd read on the pineapple core and his response was "Alright we're stopping at Hy-Vee on the way home to get you a pineapple!" Plus he gets to eat the meat (the good stuff which apparently can be too acidic) of the pineapple, bonus for him. So we're giving it a go. It's really not that bad, taste like pineapple just a little harder and tougher than the meat. As with any couple trying to conceive we always throw out names. I think it's so funny because Dave always comes up with ones I veto. He's trying to be original and of course it has to be a "bad ass baseball name"!! Lately he's loving Ace, Hoyt and Maverick (oh and Sarah?)....Veto, Veto, Veto! :)

4 comments:
I am a total believer in the pineapple core...I would blend it up in smoothies to get past the texture. It can totally help - I have the twin babies to prove it ;)
Love it! And you never know right :) I also like the name Maverick & Sarah Dexter is pretty:) The name game is not a fun one to play... cause usually you have the names picked out and by the time you are actually pregnant or have the baby someone you know took your name! Still praying for a BFP in May for you.
I ate a ton of pineapple core as well. I would take a bite followed by a bite of regular pineapple! Not sure if it was the pineapple, but I did get pregnant BOTH times I ate the core!! :)
Ahh I LOVE hearing this ladies! Read people I know that it worked for, gives me more hope that it might actually work....fingers (toes, legs) crossed!!! Thank you :)
Post a Comment