Monday, May 23, 2011

Oh the Anticipation...

This week is finally here! Now only 2 more days to my first meeting with the RE. I sent back the history packet on Friday that they had sent us last week, all 10 pages of its glory and had my OB's office fax over my medical records so we won't have to do any of the same testing. Now I just call to call tomorrow to make sure they received everything.
Since getting the appointment last week it's all I can think about and dream about. I have been having all sorts of dreams since last Monday about what he might tell us, some good and some...they are all over the place. I'm nervous about the appointment but also feeling a little bit of relief that we'll actually be seeing a specialist who knows so much more about infertility and girlie parts than my regular OB, especially after my last visit with by OB. He kind of made me feel like an idiot for asking questions and wanting him to go over the whole IUI process. I was giving an infertility packet back in December about their processes and then as my recently appt all he gave me was the directions on collecting Dave's "stuff" and that was it! He didn't go over anything just said to take the Clomid, use the OPK and call the day I get a positive OPK to schedule the IUI the next day...when I asked questions and tried to go over everything he just looked at me like "Hello I just gave you the paper why don't you read once you leave". Ugh!
This cycle is still up in the air on what will happen. I did take Clomid on CD 3-7 and will see what the RE says Wednesday if I will be going back to my OB for the IUI this month or not. I hate not knowing for sure what we are doing....

2 comments:

Tim said...

Brenda, my OB is FANTASTIC and a woman so if you would like her info let me know! And, in the very near future when you conceive she is also amazing during that process as well! Our fingers are crossed and hoping for good news at your appointment with the specialist! Thinking of you all the time!!

Brenda said...

Thanks Tracy, I just might get her info once I need and go back to an OB, it's always good to find out that's highly recommended!