Saturday, October 22, 2011

#2 Complete

This week I got to cross off #2 on the 101 List, Update My Passport. I've been meaning to update it since we got married with my new name but just never got around to it, wasn't much of a priority as we never even thought we would be going out of the country anytime in the future.

For Dave's birthday this year his Uncle Mike gave him a money to update his passport as part of his gift, he also gave me the same thing as an early birthday present. He thought it would be a good idea if everyone had them updated since you never know when you'll need them and they can take a few weeks/months to get back. At the time we figured we would get around to it sometime this year...then of course we starting planning out vacation. We never planned on taking it outside the U.S. but plans change!  So as we were contemplating about booking our trip to Punta Cana, I started freaking out about my outdated passport. And I haven't stopped freaking out about it until this week when I got it in the mail. I sent it in the week we booked out trip (just over 7 weeks before we left), it was suppose to take 4-6 weeks to process. It didn't help that right after we booked out trip our travel agent told us about one of her co-workers applying for her passport and then Hurricane Katrina hit and ended up never getting it back...hence the freaking out hoping no natural disasters happened in the mean time! Dave asked if he could still go on the trip if I didn't get it back before we left....umm no!

But low and behold it has arrived and I have it in my hands!!!  With plenty of time too. Now I can go!! I'm so excited and relieved. I can sit back and relax counting down the days till me leave.... :) 

No comments: