Sunday, October 16, 2011

Back to the 101

I know it's been a while since I've blogged about crossing anything off the 101 list.....I seem to tend to forget, a lot! This week I get to cross of TWO! However they each will get there very own blog post ;)

This week I got to complete #1 Travel to a State I’ve Never Been To. Indiana. Okay I know we've driven through Indiana a few times on our way to Kentucky and may have stopped in the state for gas or something but I don't count that as visiting or traveling to (airports don't count either!!). I constitute traveling to as actually spending time outside a car or airport in. So this week I got to travel to Indianapolis for business (that still counts) for a job fair. We felt Wednesday, worked the job fair on Thursday and then headed back on Friday.

Here's a little rundown of our trip:
  • We stayed at the Embassy Suites in downtown Indy
  • we of course ran into rush hour traffic on the way there
  • got caught up in construction in downtown
  • our directions did NOT match up to the streets
  • the GPS said we arrived at our destination but were unable to find the hotel (because it was still a block away and has small little signs no one can see!)
  • the hotel had business happy hour both nights- free drinks and apps for 2 hours
  • Ate at Weber Grill - I had the Bistro Steak, a delicious steak cooked to perfection topped with this fantastic herb butter, fried mushroom straws, mash potatoes and pretzel rolls with cheese butter
  • the job fair went great! Talked to lots of students and got many resumes!!
  • walked around downtown Indy and ate dinner at Shula's Steakhouse....had the best Blackened Salmon in my life, it literally melted in my mouth!!!! 
  • went swimming
  • the hotel was attached to a mall, got to do a little shopping at H&M
the end! 

No comments: