Last weekend I said good-bye to the go cart!!
A 1990 Toyota Corolla with a whopping 64,500 miles on it, aka my go-cart ;) Yes this was my ride! For the past 6 years I have been driving this baby around, even through all the harsh Midwest winters. It's been a bit scary at times, the last year it hasn't been the most reliable....it randomly wouldn't start and I had to jump it. I've had strangers jump it, my dad drove out to Target to jump it and even my dentist has helped me jump it, talk about embarrassing. It it had good gas mileage and no car payments have been really nice.
For the last year and half we've been talking about getting a new car. And with trying to start a family, the go-cart is not really a family car you want to drive around with a baby in. The high school kids on Dave's baseball team have nicer cars them me!! Now that is sad. My goal was to have a new car before winter this year. I refuse to drive another day in the snow in what Dave called "The Shit Box". My brother has been very generous the last 2 months letting me drive their extra car around, as it's much more reliable. Thanks again brother!!
It may have taken us a while but we FINALLY pulled the trigger and I got a new ride...my Momma Mobile (now we just need a kid)!
It's not the best picture but I keep forgetting to take one
Our brand new 2011 Honda CR-V!! Seriously now we are all ready to expand our family, there's plenty of room for one or two kids in the back seat ;)


4 comments:
I LOVED my CRV and had no problems with it the whole time I had it. It gets good gas mileage for being a smaller SUV but still has room to haul things. Congrats!! :)
I have a 2011 CRV! Love it! (Black too!) No room for kids in mine. ;-)
exciting!!! dave better watch out- hot car + hot lady! dang!!
Haha thanks ladies! I'm in love with the new car smell but still can't believe I actually have a brand new car :)
Post a Comment